Sunday, April 25, 2010

the health fair

Yesterday we went to the YMCA family Health Fair and the kiddos had a blast. Zeb was most excited that he got to go to school/work with Kent (the fair was on campus) and that his favorite "teacher" from the kidzone, Miss Erin, was there.  She calls our kids "Z-e-b" and "I-k-e" because Zeb is very particular about making sure their names are spelled correctly on their name tags every day.

The kiddos did crafts, played games, ran through obstacle courses, and had snacks.  The event was pretty educational and successful except for the argument Zeb had with the "safety booth lady" about crossing the street.  He insisted that he does it by himself and never crosses with me.  He was not about to step down or concede that he needed to cross with me.  Finally, I at least got him to tell her that he always looks both ways first.   In my defense- I do not let him cross busy roads without me!  I think he's a little stubborn and likes to be right. I'm not sure where he gets those traits.

I can't get him to look at me.  ever.

This kid loooovees markers.
I think at least half of all Ike pictures are of him in this position. He loves to crouch down like that.  It must be lots easier than just sitting.

5 comments:

yaya said...

Your boys are hilarious! Looks like they had fun there. I was laughing at the other post about comments to people..when Craig was little he saw a Greek monk in the grocery store and kept saying "it's Jesus Whrist..he couldn't pronounce his CH's...

Pat and Brent said...

It reminds me of when we had a young waitress with way too much makeup on and 2 year old Kent told us (in front of her) "she looks like Draclea". We didn't quite get it the first time and he repeated it very clearly. The poor girl slunk back to the kitchen and we were mortified. Cute, cute boys and they are such good brothers. Love the pictures.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the comments on my run and for the encouragement! Z-e-b and I-k-e are always so much fun to read about. I check your blog daily and am sad when there isn't an update (no pressure or anything :) But there is always some funny tid bit I tell Matt about after I read.....ie: Zeb talking to the big boy, er man, at the urinal. Hilarious! And now after I post this comment I'll be relaying the crossing the street alone story to him. Kids are so entertaining. I can't wait to see what kind of crazy funny things come out of Sawyers mouth when he starts talking.

Amy and Craig said...

I love the pic of at the top! I love that he won't look at you, but he's still smiling!! Such an andorable little man!

dockters said...

You are always finding such great activities to do with the fam!

Ike is sooo busy...just like Max. No time for pictures...too much to do!