Friday, April 2, 2010

okay. it's too hot now. please go away.


I can't handle the nighttime heat. Our apartment got all stuffy and warm last night and I kind of panicked thinking about what the summer has in store.  Luckily it's supposed to cool down to normal temps by tomorrow.

Yesterday we spent the day playing like crazy. Ike tried desperately to carry all of his new toys at the same time. He could only hold two of the balls at once.



Kent and Zeb sidewalk chalked, played on the swings, and just ran around.  

Kent also shot Zeb's helicopter thingy way up into a giant tree.  He tried climbing the tree to get it out but couldn't get to the end of the branches without killing himself. He was making me terribly nervous- but the kiddos loved watching him.
And last night we went to WICKED!  it was sooooooooo wonderful. The music is so so so great. And since the theater is right next door- we walked to and from the show!  Really- if you haven't seen it yet, you MUST.  There are still tickets available for the shows here through the 17th of April!  I'm so glad that Melynda came and gave us a good reason to go. Thanks, M!
Here's our trashy camera picture.  We've been to a few different shows at the Stranahan but this time we had the best seats yet.  We were on the SECOND to the last row instead of the last.  Our binoculars did wonders    and luckily it was the music (and not the costumes or set) that makes Wicked so great.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have been wanting to see Wicked for a long time. Of course, the year I move away it goes to Toledo. Oh, well, glad you had fun.

Renae said...

Wicked sounds awesome!! I'm glad to know that there are still tickets through August. I've only heard great things about the show. Do you have a fan running at home? Nothing seems worse than sleeping in a sauna.

Kent and Leisy said...

I meant april!!! although I'm sure you knew that, renae :) and we do have a fan- it saves me at night!!

Michelle said...

SO jealous!

... of Wicked ... not hot and stuffy nights.

Amy and Craig said...

you're a saint for taking my kiddos! It was heavenly to go and see it and even more wonderful to see you guys on Easter!