Saturday, April 3, 2010

our friday.

We had good weather on Friday so we decided to head downtown to walk around and check out the imagination station.  It was nice to walk along the river with warmer temps but low humidity.
 
 Here are the kiddos with Kent and M down by the river.  Toledo has such potential! Why can't we pull something together downtown?!?!
The fact that the children's science museum has reopened does help a little bit.  It's definitely gotten us down there more than we would have been otherwise.
And the kiddos LOVE the water zone.  We stripped Ike down to his skivvies so he could play to his heart's content. By the end of the his water time his little lower lip was shaking and his teeny teeth were chattering- but he still squawked when it was time to go.
 It was nice having M around so that Kent and I could have some of our own fun, too.  really- it made all of spring break great. We stayed here in toledo but had buckets of fun! I think Kent and I went out kidless at least four times.  Pure heaven.
  This room is my very favorite. The floor is at an extreme crazy angle while all of the counters and whatnot are situated so that they look straight but really aren't. The room is insanely nauseating.  I loved it.  Zeb couldn't even walk through it without my help.  And M couldn't go in it at all because it made her sick!
 Here's a family picture down by the river. Zeb was concerned that Ike was going to fall in and kept sticking his arm out in front of him telling him to be careful.    Sorry we're all squinting- we still haven't adjusted to having the sun out.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That kid place looks like so much fun, especially the water thing Ike is sitting in. I was just saying the other day that I wish there was a kids discovery center or museum here. Then again I haven't looked very hard, so maybe there is and I just haven't found it yet. Hopefully it's as cool as that one! I think I would be going more for my own entertainment than Sawyers though!

Missy D said...

That looks like FUN!!! I want to go there. Zeb and Ike are so cute!

Michelle said...

Me TOO! Cute kiddos! And YAY! that I get my M back!

Outlandish McCandlish said...

Yah Toledo used to have a lot of stuff down town. Citifest used to host party in the park every friday with free live bands, food venders,beer venders. People would ride there boats down and hang out. Then problems with drunks,druggies, homeless, punks, and hoodlums started. Then people stopped coming down. Also at that time, I was a teenager, the science place was a mall called Postside. The giant cement and grass stepps were where us punk rockers used to hang. Sitting on those very steps is were I first saw my boys' father. He had on a leather jacket and he had a huge black mohawk. OMgosh. I am old. lol

Outlandish McCandlish said...

sorry that was Portside, that prob makes more sense to you now than Postside. lol