Thursday, April 15, 2010

toilet troubles.

This week has been so crazy busy. With working and my art class/homework and exercising and playing and church stuff I just haven't had the time to sit and blog!  I'm trying to get it in this morning before we head out running!

So I'm assuming it's a normal thing for kids to love the toilet, right?  don't all kids play in it? and throw things in it? and try to drink it?    Or are my kids totally disgusting and uncivilized?  Because both of them have this crazy fondness for the toilet AND toilet paper. At least they haven't thrown any Ipods or phones in yet, though.  That would be pretty angering- right, Taylor and Laney? and maybe it's not all bad that they love the bathroom.  Perhaps it was zeb's love for toilets and the paper that made potty training so easy.

But, seriously, it can get really annoying.  At least a few times a day one of us forgets to shut the bathroom door and Ike finds his way in.

 Here's Ike shaking his finger at me while saying "nooooo.  noooo."  Check out his fat double chin and that strange little smile.  He looks like a goof in this picture.
And then he realized that I was serious. I tried shutting the toilet and he kind of freaked.
 And here he's just plain ticked once the toilet is closed and he knows it's over.  The classic Ike face.

You can't tell from these pics- but he's in mismatched pjs because last night right before bed Kent found him with his entire upper body hanging over the edge of the toilet playing.  Head, arms, and all! just splashing around with wads of tp he'd thrown in.

11 comments:

Cynthia said...

definitely not grossed out. Spencer totally liked to splash his hand in the toilet. My mom has a picture of my sister who had fully climbed inside the toilet.

I guess the only two things you have to worry about is making sure the toilet is always flushed and ike doesn't throw anything important in the toilet. That would be so frustrating!!!

Linz said...

Yeah. Andrew does that too.

Unknown said...

For some reason, my kids were never into the toilets. But believe me, they spent their time making madness everywhere else.

M- your favorite said...

OOH! The joys of parenthood.

What a funny kid. Sure miss that little chubby!

Anonymous said...

Bowyn does it too! So did the girls, hey it is a place mom and dad spend a lot of time, they want to know what's up!

Renae said...

We've had our share of toilet woes. We bought a toilet latch, so they couldn't open it.

Emilee said...

I second the statement that Renae has had her toilet woes. Super awesome toilet woes.
And I think every kid loves toilets--a bowl full of water at just the right height. Sweet!

yaya said...

Let's see...here's a story I read. Hubby was watching his little girl when wifey was away. She played tea party with Daddy..Mommy comes homes and sees her little angel bringing Daddy tea..mentions to Hubby.."Did it ever occur to you that the only
water she can reach would be the toilet water?" Yea..it's a kiddo thing!

tiffany said...

i dont know from personal experiance but i have heard its normal my has told me sevral times when i was little i flushed dresses down both toilets at the same time

i guess i have hated dresses my entire life

Cassidy said...

I have heard that kids can tip upside down and land face first in the water and drown because they're top heavy and too uncoordinated to get out. You might want to research that to see if it's true or not.

Steve and Hailey said...

Toilets are nasty and potty trained boys just make it worse. I completely refuse to sit on any public toilet, but I should be able to sit on my toilet....have you ever sat on your toilet to find it sticky? Have you sat there long enough to wonder why the CRAP is it sticky and if it's crap you're going to scream and swear to have TWO bathrooms in your next "home"? Man! Never sit trustingly!!!! The other day Jack was complaining about slimy poo....I can't even describe what I found in the bathroom. I was ready to sell him to the zoo.