Tuesday, May 6, 2008

bad bad bad tire luck

Today was a day of adventure. I think that I was running around like a banshee almost every second- until our near death experience.

Kent was driving the car and must have ran over something and we ended up with a flat (he has really bad luck with tires- this is the fourth in four years). Lucky for me we noticed the flat as I was returning him to school for some evening studying. I say lucky because it means he was present and it was here at our apartment. It was highly dangerous and Kent is ever so fortunate that a neighbor pulled up just in time to help. When I get into any predicament (no matter how dire) I burst into giggles. I couldn't help him with the tire or the jack or the bolt unscrewing. I just giggle. The giggling leads to frustration so I try to stay far away from these situations. I think it all goes back to the time I was driving the beast Expedition going 80 mph on I-15 when a tire EXPLODED. My sis and I personally caused the complete shut down of I-15 and a bomb scare. We were surrounded by at least ten police cars. The entire time we (my sis and I) were on the phone with my dad laughing HYSTERICALLY. So anyway- the tire is fixed- and we have our neighbor to thank for our lives.

Here also is a video and pic of a little more of my adventurous day. Zeb. He's always a great addition to any day.

11 comments:

Susan said...

I can only assume that when you say "sis" you mean Laney. When did you guys shut down I-15? You two are mischief makers! Do you remember Becca Dawe's 15th birthday when you and Laney "read" each others minds?

Cynthia said...

That is a pretty bad flat. Good thing you got it taken care of before anyone got hurt!

Erin said...

What a happy kiddo. Always smiling like his mom and dad.

Leslie said...

I LOVE that kid's laugh.

Lyndsay said...

Your giggling issue made me giggle. I LOVE it.
I don't giggle during traumatic events, but when I'm with my little sister things often go awry. Then when when someone gives us a stern look, it fuels the giggling fire.
I'm going to need details on the I-15 shut down.

kenna said...

Damn tires. :)

Kent, when you and Leisy come play guitar hero, you can look at ALL my MRI's and CT's. I keep them because they were WAY too expensive to not...keep...plus it's fun to look at them and pretend I'm smart or something.

Linz said...

Wow, strange things happen to you. (I am referring, natrually, to the dead cow and #1 strange) but how on Earth did a tire blow out become a bomb scare?

Oh, and Zeb is so cute! I just want to pinch is cheeks!

dockters said...

That last picture of Zeb is my favorite! I love it!

M- your favorite said...

MAN! He is so cute! I love it. His laugh just makes me giggle. I love it! Sorry about the tire that stinks! Zeb bring so much joy! I love him! Can't wait to hold him again! :)

Amy and Craig said...

HOW DID I MISS THE EXPEDITION STORY???????

Michelle said...

Awwww - I just love Zeb! He is to die for cute! That bottom picture reminds me SO MUCH of when Kent was a baby. STINKIN' ADORABLE!