Wednesday, July 2, 2008

that was a long blogging break (for me anyway)!

It's been a few days since I've been on. Kent and I took a much needed break from the rugrat to spend some time with just us! We went to dinner, mini golfing, the mall, stayed at a bed and breakfast and went hiking. Everything was GREAT.

It isn't he hardest of hikes, but I think that Stewart Falls is one of my favorite hikes in Utah. It was beautiful and perfect weather (we went at nine AM). I love that we can hike here! The mountains are so accessible. We want to hike to Timp caves and Rock Canyon before we leave too. I love the cool CRISP mountain air. I shouldn't ever complain about Utah heat again because at least it reprieves in the mornings and evenings.

We are headed to Yellowstone next week and I can't wait.

7 comments:

Susan said...

So glad Kent got home safely. Looks like you had fun on your hike. I can't wait for pics from Yellowstone.

Breanne said...

I love the pic! And I love Yellowstone! I miss it, haven't been for about 7 years :(

Cynthia said...

Beautiful view and waterfall! I'll have to check out Stewart falls some day.

LauraJ said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!

Enjoy Yellowstone! We have driven through there the past couple of times we have been to Utah and we have loved it! Great hikes, wild life, etc - I hope you guys, and Zeb, get to see some animals! Is anyone going with you?

dockters said...

How fun to be just the 2 of you! Your pics of the mountains are beautiful and make me miss Utah!!

And as far as the Toledo humidity...surprisingly it hasn't been bad at all the past week or so! I don't think this is normal, BUT we are enjoying it as much as possible!

Julie Sacks said...

I am so jealous, Stewart Falls if defiantly a favorite of mine. It's so pretty up there!

Amy and Craig said...

That's my fav hike too. You can do it in the fall from the toe lift or in the winter on snow shoes too!