Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ike, meet the sidewalk.

Ike has entered a whole new world the past couple of days. He's never walked on grass before this week because since he's been walking it's always been covered in snow or too wet and muddy. And now the kid just can't get enough. He begs to get outside. He screams and points to the grass when I carry him to the car. And when I put him down he topples and trips and flips and tips over incessantly- but he loves it nonetheless. Unfortunately he has also come to know the sidewalk quite well. He just can't quite seem to manage the space where sidewalk and grass meet. Even if there's no real height difference and no step- never fail, EVERY time he takes the step from grass to sidewalk or sidewalk to grass- he totally face plants it.

The pictures don't do his face justice. It's pretty sad. I have a feeling it's going to be like this for a few weeks while he gets his "grass legs".




Even Zeb has had a few problems. He's not used to wearing shorts so when he does trip it seems to hurt a lot more and there are more tears.
All in all I think that both kiddos are beyond ecstatic about the warm weather. I am happy.  I hope we don't get hot too fast, though. I need a few months of 50-70 degree weather before the 80s and 90s show up!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

My kids were the exact same way. I always told them that with warmer weather, came scabby knees (or arms, legs, heads, etc.) lol I just reminded my 5 year old that he cannot slide on the concrete now that the snow is gone.
I'm hoping we jump right into the 80 degree days, then I'll finally be warm!

Laney said...

i made your breadsticks for dinner. they were delicious. taylor ate 7 of them

Susan said...

It might be the 2nd child curse. Micah is so clumsy and I had a niece who was the 2nd child who was just as clumsy.

Michelle said...

Ike looks so dang big!!! Like he got toddler face over night! SHeesh. THey are so cute. The weather is finally improving over here too which means our health is slowly but surely comin' around too. :) Happy Spring!

Pat and Brent said...

Good things kids are so resilient because it takes a lot of spills to get through toddlerhood. Love these cute boys!