Wednesday, June 9, 2010

when it rains, it pours.

It's been one of those weeks when I feel like EVERY thing has run amuck!

1.  car repairs.  I don't even know how much it cost because I refused to pick up the car from the shop and I ask Kent to NOT tell me anything. Car worries gives me such anxiety. 

2. electronic woes.  Cell phone in the pool.  Point and shoot TOTALLY dies and won't even turn on.

3. lost dental insurance without realizing it- and, of course, now I have a toothache.

4. washing machine stops working (with all of my workout clothes in it mid cycle).

5.  my two favorite shirts are no more. One is lost. The other is irreparably stained.

6. I struck out twice last night in our softball game

7. and check THIS out.  One of these things is not like the other (and I'm NOT talking about my mismatched socks). 
I'm a klutz and rolled my ankle during my workout this morning.  It popped. It kills. and it's swollen.  Looks like I'm going to have to sit on the couch with my feet up all day.  Too bad the house can't get clean :)  I had better be fine within a few days, though! 

And really- life isn't that bad.  I think (after two 24 hour periods drying in rice) my cell phone may have returned to full functioning status! AND the handy hubby is pretty sure he can fix the washing machine!  I did some online research- and he did some washing machine disassembly and we came up with the most likely scenario for the stopped machine. We ordered the $8.49 cent part from our favorite appliancezone.com and we should be back to washing in a few days :) Plus- I found a dentist office that does FREE x-rays and exam and it turns out I just have a small cavity that I'm going to get fixed in Utah.  I can handle the price of a small cavity.

And check out this monkey in his toledo zoo penguin pjs.  I got them for FIVE cents at a yard sale.  The lady told me I could get baby boy clothes for ONE dollar a bag.  I stuffed two bags FULL.  yard sales always make my day.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

The bad luck is caused by the weather--the freak tornado upset the universal equilibrium. You'll be back to normal around mid-July and after the trip home where we'll fix your ankle, buy you new shirts, and take the boys off your hands.

M- your favorite said...

WOW- That is crazy! I am sorry about your ankle- it looks like it hurts. I have the worst ankles and I can twist them just standing. That is how awesome I am.

I am so glad Kent will be able to fix the washer. That will be nice. What happen to your car?

Lyndsay said...

Let me know if you do still need a phone--Erik has his old one that you could use. The ringer doesn't work, but it would get you by.
At least your ankle did okay until after the game last night!

Unknown said...

Bum bum bummer stuff. We have felt that way since we bought a house...so much stuff just pops up. And been on the phone all nap time with American Express because I think someone has been using our card. Bah!

Delaps said...

Wow, your ankle looks bad. Do you think you can stay off of it?! That is the real question.

Kent and Leisy said...

That is exactly what I asked, Alison!! She then told me all the things she could STILL do at the gym tomorrow. (Not that having two small children facilitates staying off her ankle...) - Kent

Laney said...

that picture of ike is really cute.

Lindsay said...

OUCH! Your ankle looks sore. So sorry.

I love yard sales and handy hubbys!

Michelle said...

Kent, I may put you to work on our dryer when you get out here! :)

It always DOES seem to pour when it rains. So sorry about all the bad luck. I'm glad it's all getting worked out.

Good luck with the ankle. That looks horrible!! PLEASE try to take it easy, girl!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Shelly and Ken said...

Your poor ankle! I hope it heals really fast. Injuries are miserable. I really hope the next few days are better.

Pat and Brent said...

Your mom is right - you need a good vacation with lots of family TLC to get things back on track. Can't wait!