Thursday, September 2, 2010

grubby little hands

We have four little hands in our house that cannot seem to stay out of trouble.  Let me share some examples of our grubby little finger woes.

Zeb learned to open the car door while we are in motion. His first time was on the FREEWAY.  Child lock was swiftly clicked into place and did wonders until this week. Zeb unrolled his window and it never went back up.  I had to get all white trashy and DUCT tape the window into place so that the rains we had wouldn't saturate our car.  Then yesterday morning the car wouldn't start. This takes us back to child lock. We had to switch cars and drive Kent's and I forgot to put on the childlock.  At least this time when he opened the door he let me know that I needed to quickly shut it because he didn't want 'his brains squished all over the road'.  The first time he did it I told him that would happen if he opened it again.

and this monkey. my, oh, my. His little hands are terribly naughty. Yesterday morning I found him standing at the toilet dipping his hands in and then rubbing them crazily all over his head. Toilet water was dripping down his neck. Then at costco he threw his train into the toilet while Zeb was peeing. Then as I was washing the train- he escaped and ran off into the men's bathroom where I found him with his hands in a URINAL.  And then to top it all off, at the pool, he threw my entire bag into the water. We won't even discuss it's contents.  Luckily I was sitting at the pool's edge when he did it and quickly retrieved the bag. Nothing was irretrievably damaged- just wet :)
I can't tell to whom these fingers belong.  These boys are looking more and more alike.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Naughty! Where do they get that naughty tendency? Kent owes you big time.

dockters said...

Grubby little hands always move too fast!!

Ike's hands in the urinal make me sick!!

Kent said...

That last hand is surely Zeb's - he needs his fingernails clipped!! ;) -myzh

Unknown said...

Oh boy. That age.

Kristen said...

I almost peed my pants while reading this I was laughing hard! I must remember to not read your very funny blog with a full bladder. Ike's fascination with everything toilet related is hilarious! I caught Sawyer with his hands splashing in the toilet water the other day. ICK. By the way one when we do meet up I would LOVE to run with you! But I'm not fast by any means. I should more accurately call it a jog than a run. I think once I complete the marathon I'll probably stick to halfs as well. I'm only up to running 18 miles so far and I'm already getting burnt out!

Delaps said...

Ellie just asked if Zeb was a grown up so I guess he is looking a lot older. We have some great action shots of you at the race!

Jason & Shannon said...

Naughty little boys! Makes for great stories though. Good luck!

Maria said...

Your kids are awesome. I'm always amazed at the funny things Zeb says and think "where does he get that from?" but then I remember that you're pretty funny too. : )