Time to get my Valentine's Day blogging tradition back and running. Remember my new year's resolution? to blog things besides our travels?!
So: My LOVES. This year it's my TOP TEN.
1. I love this ridiculous cat craze that has swept the world. It's always been in Japan, I have the 'Neko atsume' app. I love it. If you don't know what it is- go to the app store NOW. get it. it's free. I'm still working on getting the lady gaga cat to show up. P.S. I loved lady gaga's national anthem.
2. I love Japan. This place is amazing. I love living here. There's nowhere like it on Earth. I love the ubiquitous vending machines, the nervous Japanese giggle, the robotic toilets, and their strange vegetables (bamboo shoot and daikon?!).
3. I love my kids. Sure- I really don't like kids all that much. but- mine are cool. I love Zeb's jokes. I love Ike's embarrassed smile. I love metta's excited face. and I love Mack's big head.
4. I love gyoza and Curryrice (it's one word). There are a lot of Japanese foods that I do NOT love- but I can always find gyoza or curryrice. and I love them both. I especially love apple-honey curry. who wants me to send them some?!
5. I love to talk. I don't think I'll ever get sick of talking. Can talking be considered a hobby? because it's mine.
6. I love to run. It's my go-to destressor. I love how tired it makes me. I love how many calories it burns. I love how it makes me stronger.
7. I love the Dixie Chicks. Don't tell my mom. She's still mad at them for the Bush debacle of 2004. I REALLY wish I could see them on their new tour. I REALLY REALLY hope they release a new album. I love every song they've ever sung.
8. I love the world. There is nothing you can do to gain a greater gratitude and love for what and who you have than seeing the world. I've said it many times- but meeting new people and seeing new places has got to be one of my favorite things EVER. I really love that I live in a corner of the world I never imagined I could.
9. I love Kent. He's the best texter, my favorite story teller, the best listener, the most fun foodie friend, the perfect partner, and my best friend. I love him. so so much.
10. I LOVE the true love. Charity. I love that I am a recipient of God's love. I love that He trusts me enough to love others. Be kind. Show love.