Sunday, July 22, 2007

Our next great adventure

We are all packed and ready to go. My mom and Bro-in-law James came over this morning and we all worked super hard loading that truck! The boxes kept multiplying and getting heavier with each trip to the basement and back upstairs. Thank you for helping so much! We couldn't have loaded that truck alone.

Some have asked how long the trip will take and the route we will take. We jump onto I-80 and basically go straight to our apartment. No twists or turns. It is a very direct route. Total driving time of 24 hours - we will break it up into a three day trip. We'll stop in Nebraska and take a side trip to Nauvoo. We will spend some time visiting the church sites. It should be quite the adventure. I have no idea when we will have access to the Internet again so this may be the last post for awhile. Wish us luck! I don't know what traveling will be like with Zeb at 7 weeks. He's been such a great baby thus far. He is so chill and loves his car seat. Love everybody so much - we will miss you!


7 comments:

Ammon said...

I hope Zeb loves his car seat a whole whole lot.

Michelle said...

Holy Cow - that's a trek. It's so weird that you're gone. It still doesn't seem real. Hopefully, blogging will keep it a LITTLE more that way ... so you seem closer. I hope you take pictures all along the way. Love ya!

Pat and Brent said...

I've talked to Kent and they're having a great trip. The baby has been a little angel; very good to travel with and they've been able to read or listen to Harry Potter along the way. Yesterday they visited Nauvoo and Carthage. Phil (Kent's father-in-law) served his mission there and was able to show them a lot of neat things. So glad the trip is going well - sounds like their luck has definately changed for the better!

Pam and Rand said...

Gosh - I'm all veklempt realizing you are really gone. Please blog alot so we can see how things are going all the time. I'm excited for you guys and you're new life. I know you will both love the medical school life. So great to have lofty goals and actually be able to do them. Not everybody gets to. You guys are awesome. Post lots of Zeb pics too. What a sweetie!

Linz said...

Good luck in your new adventures!! I hope you enjoy Ohio and school!! Mostly - just have FUN!!

The Jackson Family said...

I can't believe you guys are really gone! I kind of hit me hard the other day and I got all teared up. I really love you guys and am excited to here about all of your great adventures.

Jaime said...

Thanks for the update, Pat. It sounds like a fun trip, especially with a little sweetie that doesn't scream in his car seat. Luckies! We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!