Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Your luck is about to change"


So, we went out to lunch the other day at P.F. Changs and Kent got a fortune that made us a little nervous. It read "your luck is about to change". Our luck has been fabulous forever! I'm not a superstitious person, but it has come true.

In the two weeks since the fortune-

1. my parents' basement flooded and soaked our mattresses, furniture, and entire layer of bottom boxes. Thank heavens we didn't lose anything important like our journals! we lost some books( goodbye to kent's entire works of Shakespeare, I wasn't too upset about that!), my favorite pair of slippers, and a few papers and whatnot. Our mattresses pretty much dried out- leaving a few crusty marks- but still sleepable!

2. kent's shorts, garments, wallet, and phone were stolen! in the wallet was a blank check from our Zion's account, a 350 dollar deposit check from our landlady, all of Kent's credit cards from our UCCU accounts, and lots more stuff. We have spent the past two days getting things canceled and reopened!

3. our driver's side window is fickle and if rolled down will only occasionally and on its own time frame roll back up. We don't unroll it at all anymore and have to open the door at drive thrus and whatnot. Monday the door handle on the inside of the car exploded and now we can't open the door from the inside! of course we can't unroll the window to open the door so I have to walk around and let kent out, or he has to climb over to the passenger seat.

UPDATE: this morning we noticed that the car is leaking something on to my parents' driveway. it is now at clegg's auto geting checked out. the stupid door handle is going to cost fifty bucks to fix. do we really need to be able to open the door from the inside?

4. kent got a TB test for his med school physical and went back FOUR hours too late to get it checked. We had to pay to get another one and when he went back for this one, it turned out his doctor is gone to Africa until AFTER we move. He has to have the papers to turn into the school by August seventh!!

5. Finally, our perfect little Zeb had a screaming fest yesterday. He screamed longer and louder than I've ever heard him before.


boo to P.F. Changs. I'm now a believer of fortunes.

7 comments:

Deneal said...

I can't help laughing at your poor luck, sorry! Maybe it's really a ploy of PF Chang's to get you to return and get the same fortune again changing your luck back.

Zak said...

That totally stinks. Good luck getting your luck back.

Linz said...

Boo to bad luck! Hope it turns around soon! Zeb is so cute!

heidi said...

Wow. You've made me a believer of fortunes too. I think you need to go back to P.F.'s and get a new fortunes. (My treat since you probably have no money now).

Screaming babies = not good.

Michelle said...

This post is seriously unreal! I've read it 2x now - I thought I had already commented about your terrible luck! But, obviously I didn't. So- I'm back to read it again ... and, wow ... good thing you guys have a good sense of humor!

What in the world are you going to do about the doctor papers? That is stressful.

Did you get your car all fixed? What else was wrong? When they fixed the handle - did they fix the window too? My car has the same window problem. Very annoying.

Screaming babies DOES = not good :) So sad. Zeb seems so good natured - but, I guess he has to let it all out sometimes too.

Love you guys.

Pat and Brent said...

All in all you guys lead a pretty charmed life so bad luck really stands out. It's hard to believe Zeb has ever been anything but the angel I see. Hopefully it's all out of his system before the long road trip. I can't stand to think about you guys leaving!! Love you so much.

M- your favorite said...

Poor ZEB! He has the saddest little face when he cries. They frown he makes just breaks my heart! Did you guys ever find that bottle I was telling you about?