Wednesday, June 23, 2010

reasons I've missed some blogging days.

1. Zeb NEVER naps (he hasn't for almost a year) but today was out cold on the couch.  We have been going NON-stop the last three days and it finally caught up to him.  We went into extra innings last night at our softball game and didn't get home until ten-thirty. The kids were pooped, but we won :)  Plus- today we went to a fabulous pool party and played our hearts out!

Oh, and on a sidenote- do you see the new gash on the side of his head (not the old one under his eye)? It has a matching cut on his opposite eyelid.  He tried to cut his face with a pair of scissors?!?!  We were working on Kent's father's day present last week and while I was washing paint of of Ike's hands- Zeb grabbed the scissors and went nutso on me.  I have no idea what he was attempting.
 2. I've been taking care of this little creature and he's a lot of work :).  We had a relief society activity about gardening and I won this tomato plant to take home. I am NOT a gardener but I've been assured that tomato plants are very hearty.  I have a feeling that if anyone can kill one, it's me.  Although this plant has survived some pretty crazy storms already and I'm hoping for a tomato plant miracle.
 
 3. this weather. It's a beast. It kills me. Totally knocks me out.  Today it actually got to ninety and was wicked humid- so really it felt faaaaar worse.  When it's 90 with crazy rain and lightning storms- you know it's muggy. Tonight there are more crazy storms coming in so we may be in for a long one.  Two nights ago the lightning was setting off the car alarms in the parking lots!   I just hope we don't have to spend the night in the bath tub.

Wed
Thunderstorm
                                                                         88°F | 72°F

3 comments:

Delaps said...

Goodluck with the tomatoe plant. I will expect to eat a fresh tomatoe when we get back in August. Yum

Unknown said...

It'll be hot here too next week--in the 90s but LOW humidity. You're gonna love it.

And yes, tomatoes are very hearty--I can grow them.

Kami said...

Good luck with your tomato plant!