Friday, June 4, 2010

summer has officially arrived.

This week was one of those weeks that FLEW by. I canNOT believe that it's Friday already.  All of our events have been very 'summery'.
 
We went to our first summer parade! Don't these kids just look hot and muggy?! They've all got rosy little cheeks and sweaty heads.  It was pretty darn humid. I ran to the parade from our house and I was DRIPPING in sweat by the time I arrived.  It (I) was disgusting.
and I already blogged all about it - but Zeb turned three! His birthday will always signify summer to me. I was due with him two days before school got out the last year I was teaching high school.  Luckily I kept him inside long enough to finish off the last day of school and start summer break. I went into labor that night. 

Half of our friends moved out (so, I'm being dramatic- but a lot of great people are leaving and we're devastated)! Every year at the beginning of summer- there's a bit of an exodus from toledo. People finish residencies, graduate school, or just pick up and move! and it's terrible.

Here's a pic of Zeb with Sam and Matthew being "very scary". I watched a bunch of the kiddos while everybody helped move out our across the hall neighbors.  Zeb is going to miss Sam like crazy- and we'll miss having the best neighbors ever!!  We'll also miss the other great people exiting toledo. I hate saying goodbye to friends!!

and tonight we saw our FIRST fireflies!!! Kent and I walked down to lock up the pool at our complex- and suddenly they were EVERY where.  I don't know how we went from zero to hundreds in one night- but I love them. Fireflies still amaze me every time that I see them. 

Oh and in other exciting news -Ike threw my phone in the pool.  He may look all sweet and innocent sleeping, but this kid is as sly as they come. He climbed up on the bench- got the phone out of my bag- and then chucked it into the pool. The worst was that I saw him with the phone in hand. I tried to remain calm and distract him but he just looked at me with this little smirk and let it loose.  It was so deliberate. The little rascal.

3 comments:

Laney said...

not only do those kids look hot and muggy but they kind of look miserable. did they ever smile during the parade?

Cassidy said...

Did you take that pic of the fireflies? Also, try the phone in the bowl of rice trick and see if your phone recovers. Tave doesn't even try to look nice and sweet anymore. She just destroys with open mischief and glee on her face. Arg.

dockters said...

Sooo glad you are all safe after the tornadoes! Scary!!

It was so sad to drive away from you all on Saturday. I'm such a boob! We miss you guys already!

When are you coming to visit?