Tuesday, October 11, 2011

happy b-day, ralph.

 Kent (I call him Ralph) deserves the 'best guy ever' award.   I'm not sure how he does it- but he always seems to make my life wonderful :)  Yesterday was his birthday- the BIG 30!!  and he worked. ALL stinking day.  And he was happier than ever.  As long as he doesn't work for fifteen hours on MY birthday- I'll be as happy as ever, too.
Sunday we opened presents and had great food and spent time together.  Zeb and Ike loved decorating and wrapping. And Kent loved his presents.  I think I'm a pretty darn good gift giver :)

Check out that tongue action.
Why is little kid handwriting so cute?!
 For his actual birthday- we went and visited Kent at work.  I wanted to take him something fun and a little out of the ordinary (although he does love just plain old cupcakes) so I attempted cake pops from scratch.  My success was moderate.  We'd had a cake pop demo at a church activity and it didn't seem too difficult to attempt so I made my way to hobby lobby and- voila.  At first Kent didn't believe that I'd actually made them myself!  I'm obviously not too crafty :)
 After passing out treats to the other residents- we went downstairs for a bit to play at the playground.  There are definitely some great advantages to kent working at a children's hospital!  there are tons of cool toy rooms- and little kid activity centers all over the hospital, too!!  
 and it just happened to be almost 85 degrees this day. gross.  give me my fall.  luckily it didn't last too long and we are back to the happy 60s and 70s.

After playing- we went and decorated his car and left him some more presents.  I should have taken some pictures.  The rugrats were so excited to be filling his car with balloons! He ended up getting home by eight so we got to do a little more celebrating with take-out chinese and more singing from the kiddos.

Love you, Ralph.  The next thirty years are going to be even better than the last! mostly because you'll get to spend all of them with me :)

4 comments:

Laney said...

what's all over ike's face?

Amy and Craig said...

Happy birthday cousin Kent! you're a hero at our house!!! Licey, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he spent much of the first 30 yrs with you too!! :>

HowellAZ said...

Great job on the cake pops! Oh, and the wrapping paper decorating is a great idea as well. Hope you all enjoyed Kent's 30th!

Jason & Shannon said...

Happy bday Kent!