Thursday, July 21, 2011

Due to the weather -we've been under house arrest for the week and I really don't have much to post.  The mornings are spent at the YMCA.  But in the afternoons we've been reading lots of books, working on 'school work', playing with toys, and watching tv.  Pretty lame-o. Sometimes I let the kids out in the backyard to run around with the hose- but I don't go out. It's too hot for me.  I don't consider myself a wimpy person- but when it comes to heat and humidity I'm all over that wimpiness.

Plus my kids have COLDS! how is that possible?! Lots of coughing and sneezing. And getting up early. yuck. Here's Ike at 6:30 this morning. After waking himself up with a coughing fit he comes wandering in to our room: "I'm hungry. I'm HUNGRY!!".  The first thing he thinks about in the morning is food. So different from Zeb.

And Zeb actually has been insisting on sleeping in the basement on the guest bed. He's always been a sleeping nomad. He doesn't sleep walk- but he wanders before bed time and ends up sleeping in different places.  Remember when he slept in the bathtub for a few months last year!? We find him on the futon in the study quite often- or in the basement. Down there it's nice and cool and really dark. And the bed is huge and comfy.

No comments: