Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kent is on a rotation at the Air Force hospital so he isn't getting free food everyday- and that means I've been making a lot of food so he can take leftovers for lunch every day.  I've included four great and pretty easy ones here so I can add them to my rotation.

None of the pictures are mine. I've been really lazy with the camera lately!

PF changs lettuce wraps from 'the culinary life'.  The recipe has intense wording (not including it all here!)- but it's actually super easy to make.  They were delish.
 Chicken Florentine by me.  Picture by Paula Deen- but mine looked pretty darn close.  I used a bunch of recipe ideas and then made it all my own.  Kent LOVED it.  I liked it.  It's pretty creamy.

Mix:
 1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c milk
2 large crockpotted/shredded chicken breasts
1-2 cups mozarella cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 container (4 oz) italian herb cream cheese creamy stuff.  You could do reg cream cheese or sour cream with italian seasoning.
1 bag of fresh spinach chopped and sauteed with an onion
10-14 oz al dente bowtie pasta


350 degrees. 30 minutes.


Mexican Lasagna.  From Sugar and Spice.  Super easy recipe and super tasty. I even used 1 can cooked chicken to make it faster and easier!  I topped it with chopped lettuce, guac, salsa, and sour cream.
Crockpot cavatappi and broccoli Mac n cheese.  I read a zillion recipes and came up with my own.  It was CRAZY easy and pretty tasty.

picture from Blake's All Natural

8-10 oz half cooked cavatappi pasta
1 can evap milk
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mixed asiago/parm/romano cheese
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
Mix it all together and throw it in the crockpot for 2 hrs high or 4 hrs low.  I added the broccoli at the end already cooked.  And added some bread crumbs on top for the last hour.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Awesome! They all look fabulose!