Monday, September 12, 2011

kicked out.

  Thank heavens fall is here and bringing some of my favorite chilly gloomy weather!!  On a day like to today- I could use some happy weather! We just left the library prematurely because we were kicked out. Have you ever been asked to leave the library (as an adult anyway)!?   2.5 yr olds sure can be terribly difficult and embarrassing.  While Ike can be a trouble maker- he rarely gets us into these types of predicaments (zeb did all the time!).   In his defense- another unaccompanied toddler was majorly harassing him and so I ended up pulling Ike out of the situation because I could tell he was about to start fighting back.  When I removed him from the area- he freaked- already at his boiling point.  And then- while I was trying to calm him down and gather my things to leave anyway- a librarian approached and asked us to leave.  We were in the toddler section- you'd think they'd give you longer than two minutes before kicking you out for a crying violation.  I was not happy.  I even sent them an e-mail simply stating it would have been more effective to offer help rather than ask us to leave.  Kids are so embarrassing!!   I'm already planning ways to pay both these little rugrats back when they are teenagers.  Maybe that's why my parents reveled in embarrassing me as a teen.

Once we got outside- Zeb offered a suggestion:  "Maybe we should just ignore him, mom."   If only he could have offered that advice to the librarian.
Zeb is a such a good little kiddo.  Last week he kept begging to play on the slip'n'slide. The highs last week were 65. On one particularly rainy and gray day he was very persistent. I told him that if we set up the slide- he had to play for AT LEAST ten minutes.
He totally did it. And it was seriously freezing!!!  He's totally going to be a polar bear plunge kid.
By the end he was shivering uncontrollably :)

11 comments:

Linz said...

That was a little premature to kick you out. Rude. Sorry about that honey! I totally know what you mean about gearing up to embarass them as teenagers. It makes me giddy just to think about it! Muhahaha!!

Zeb is a cute little stud!!

Jill Lau said...

I can't believe they really kicked you out. I could see some librarians at one of our libraries doing that...they are always staring me down. Some library workers are just grouchy old women I think. That is great Zeb has a preschool to go too. We miss you guys!

Cynthia said...

Where was the librarian to intervene when Ike was getting harassed and why didn't she kick out the other kid?!? Very frustrating.

yaya said...

Once I took all our Cub Scouts to the library for an activity and we were totally embarrassed by one of the scouts who went in the men's room and peed in the sink...boys...If he had been mine I would have killed him. I almost did anyway. My assistant leader held me back...

brittani c. said...

It's no wonder there are so many people who hate to read...it's because of those snotty librarians that kicked them out as a kid. This lady needs to find employment elsewhere.

HowellAZ said...

I guess since I've (somewhat) learned to curb the embarrassing situations I put myself into, now I can look forward to those awkward 'kid embarrassment' situations. Ah!
Oh, but I bet you never embarrassed your parents. ;)

Laney said...

I would have been soooo mad.

Unknown said...

revenge IS sweet

Outlandish McCandlish said...

That is wacky, libraries aren't even quiet any more if you ask me so IDK what the big deal was.

Julie Sacks said...

We have a librarian that gives us some pretty bad looks too, but never kicked out! She obviously either has not been around kids in forever or never had them! I'm glad you are enjoying the weather, we went swimming yesterday for 4 hours, it was 104 (our record breaking day for the hottest summer ever in Dallas). It almost felt wrong to be swimming in Sept. I do have to say though, I am going to miss the Ohio Fall time (all activities included) TERRIBLY!!! Enjoy some of it for me please.

mrs. m said...

Ha! Sometimes when my kids embarrass me or act out, I walk away and pretend they aren't mine.