Sunday, February 16, 2014

my list.

Our Valentine's Day weekend was BUSY! and just plain perfect!!!  I was partially in charge of the church Valentine's dance and it was SO MUCH FUN. I was worried that the big surprise snow storm and the snow party poopers would make it a flop!  but it really turned out fabulously.

We were busy all day Saturday as well- so I am just now getting around to my traditional 'loves list'.  14 of my current loves to remind myself just how lovely life is!
so here goes.


my loves.

1. I    Kent.  It's so easy to be me because of him.  I can't describe how lovely it is to go to bed and get up in the morning having him around.  Even if he isn't actually next to me when I fall asleep or wake up :)  My life is fulfilled because he is a part of it.

2. I    my mom and dad.  Daily I am grateful for my parents and how they raised me.  They taught me to be confident, happy, and kind.  They gave me the tools to find joy and success in everything that I do.  They exemplified a loving marriage and created the best developmental environment in every way.

3. I    my sisters.  they are my best friends. Laney has always been a built in best friend. She's still always the first person I call (after Kent!) if I have a ridiculous story or news of any sort.  My sister -Metta- is the glue of our separated family.  She's the one who 'gets' us all and can see the positives in each of us!  Daysa is my little Brazilian. She's there for 18 months as a missionary serving the Lord.  I'm grateful for the example she's giving my children.

4. I    facebook.  I know it isn't always used with the best of results - but I'm so grateful for the connections it makes and maintains.  Within hours of receiving our assignment to Japan- we were in contact with a TON of people living on the base and going to the church where we will be this summer!  I know that throughout our lives of moves and change- it will remain a place where we can stay connected.

5. I    snow.  this winter has been so darn wonderful.  Every morning that I wake up to a white wonderland I get excited.  Shoveling snow makes me happy.  cold air refreshes me.  I am so glad that we've had this last great winter in Ohio before shipping out!!  I hope it lasts just a little longer! in fact- I wouldn't mind a little snow on my birthday (March 21).

6. I    Chicken Tikka Masala and Coconut Curry chick peas.  Kent is such a chef.  and those are my very favorite foods he's been making as of late :)  I love that he experiments and creates in the kitchen!!

7. I   our ice maker. I actually checked and this was one of my loves last year! I must truly love it.  I'm really nervous about living somewhere without an ice maker.  There's nothing like perfectly freezing cold water during a spin class or when you are parched.

8. I   surprises.  as long as they are positive :)  I love building things up until they just about explode!   there's nothing more fun than knowing something is coming- but not knowing exactly what.  When Kent got the word on our moving assignment in the morning- I'm the one who forced him to keep it to himself all day until he came home.  I think it's been so exciting NOT knowing the gender of our babies before they were born.  the fact that surprises and anticipation tend to make other people a little crazy- makes it all the better for me!!

9. I     Dayton.  Oh, how I LOVE dayton. I guess it's the city itself AND the people.  The parks, the libraries, MEIJER!!, our church congregation, the trees,  the rolling country roads and cornfields. I love it ALL.  The friends I've made here are my favorite part.  I have the greatest of friends.  friends that make me laugh so hard my cheeks hurt.  Friends that are so familiar- they're like family.  and there are so many of them!!  it's going to be SO HARD to leave.

10. I   JAPAN.  It's this giant anticipatory love.  As I've been watching the Olympics- I get excited for the Japanese athletes!  I already feel an affinity for the people and the culture.   I love Russia so deeply- and I can't wait to feel that same way for Japan and the people there!!  Have I mentioned that I am SO EXCITED?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

11. I    to run.  I really do.  I hope it will always be one of my passions. I get to wear fancy neon shoes while I do it. I get to develop friendships with running partners.  It gives me time away from my little munchkins.  It allows me to eat the treats I want :)  It's cheaper than retail therapy or regular therapy!  It's also great for my heart.  I don't think I can find a single thing to NOT love about running!

12. I   the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's my church and it's so important to me.  It isn't about being a 'Mormon' or being religious.  It's about being a follower of Jesus Christ.  This is where the fullness of His gospel is found.  It is who I am.  and I love to talk about it!  and share it with people!  So- please- ask me questions!!  come to church with me!  let me know if you'd like to know more!!

13. I    the YMCA.  It's been such an important part of my life the past FIVE years!  I've loved the growth I've experienced as a teacher and a member of the Y.  The friendships I've made through the Y in Toledo and Dayton are some of my favorite in all of Ohio!!  I'm going to miss my bootcampers and spinners so so much.  ugh.  it's going to be hard to leave!!

14.  this one may be a cop out.  But I    life. I love MY life.  Sometimes I get nervous because it's too good.  I knock on wood a lot.  I cross my fingers.  I give many many prayers of gratitude.  I am so happy.

1 comment:

Mommo said...

Great list. I don't think there is anything you DON'T love. I have never met anyone who can find the positive and joy in anything. Thank you.