Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ike time

Today Zebbo had school during walking group so I got to spend the morning with just Ike. He had a rough day yesterday (dislocated elbow) so I think it was nice for him to have a morning free from fending off attacks from Zeb.  The two boys love to poke and prod and pester each other like CRAZY while in the stroller.

Most of the vibrant fall colors are gone now. They've gone dark and brown- but have left lots and lots of piles to play in.

I carry my 'normal' camera around in my bag everywhere I go - but I rarely use it anymore because I always compare my pictures to those with my nice camera and end up disappointed.  Today Ike and his friends were having too much fun in the leaves with all the big kids gone and I took a few pictures.  And they aren't even all that bad.

Here's the turkey throwing leaves up into the air.  I really just think that he was so happy to be away from Zeb for awhile. They really do love each other and have so much fun together- but sometimes they just need a break.
 I tried to get him to roll around in the leaves and hide in a pile- but he was livid about that.
 
Here's his pal, Taylor.  She was far better about smiling for me than Ike was. There is NO way Ike will sit still or smile for me right now.  My kids turn into little crazies at about 21 months.
 After our morning at the park- we went and got Zebby and then spent the afternoon fending off tornadoes. Really we just had some tub and hallway time and kept an eye on the weather!  It got pretty windy- but nothing too dramatic happened.

3 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

How fun (spending time in the leaves).

Michelle said...

I like Ike!! What a tough lil' guy. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Those tornado runs are scary! I really get scared when it's super windy out here. I'm not sure how I would deal with tornado-ish winds. :/ !! You guys are troopers!

Jeni said...

I want to go to walking group! Of course, I would be the only member here. And I can't figure out how to fit my three boys in the jogging stroller. Or how I would push it up our hill.