Tuesday, October 19, 2010

most beautiful race EVER

I got to go on a mini vacation down to Dayton and Indy this past weekend and it was wonderful! The next few  posts are dedicated to our adventures.

On Saturday I ran the MOST amazingly beautiful race!  I met up with Hillarie, my college roommate, in Indianapolis to run the indy half marathon. The course ran through Fort Harrison State Park/golf course and was unbelievable.  It was the perfect day with the perfect scenery and the most amazing weather.

these  pictures are from the park's website
The night before the race I realized that I had FORGOTTEN all of my race clothes (thankfully not my shoes) AT HOME in toledo !! After borrowing a few items and making a quick run to Meijer the morning of the race - the actual run itself was fabulous!  it was so nice to just run for fun and chat with Hillarie!    There were 6500 participants running and it was crazy.  It was my first 'big' race and it was so exciting to run with that many people.
Kent and the kiddos came and watched us finish and then had fun with us afterwards.  I have no idea who this mask is- but they were free.
Here are Hillarie and me in true Rick's College fashion.  I think almost every college picture I have looks similar to this one.  Can you see how beautiful the trees are?!?  Indianapolis in October is just stunning!!!
After the race they supplied us with lots of nasty food. That was my only complaint for the entire day.  They had grilled krispy creme donuts!?, oreos, and then a bbq with hamburgers, brats, and baked beans?!  All I wanted was a bunch of bananas.  I gave all of my nasty food to the boys and they happily indulged :)
If anybody wants to run the race next year- I really want to do it again!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

SUCH beautiful scenery!

You're adorable, Leisy!

I am seriously dying with the food they served. That seems so weird! Although, Zebbers taking a bite outta a donut is pretty cute. :)

tiffany said...

the masks are from a movie coming out soon called mega mind he is mega mind its a super hero cartoon

Rebecca said...

All of your races are inspiring me, Leisy.

But my favorite part of this post was the apostrophe in our alma mater--it really was about as legitimate as if a random Al, Sam, or Rick decided to up and start a college, wasn't it?