Saturday, January 8, 2011

 I have to say that I am really enjoying the phases of my kiddos right now. They play and play and play together all day- for long periods of time even. It's heavenly.  I'll hear Ike mimicking Zeb in everything that he says- and chasing just one step behind him on his hunts for treasure and quests to read maps. I love that they are best friends- and I really love that they keep each other busy so that I don't need to :)

With that said- they can also be terribly nasty to each other. In fact- just today- I heard Zeb yell at Ike: "You are being so nasty, Ike. Stop it NOW!"  Sometimes when I pick them up from the gym, the workers will report that they just couldn't keep their hands off each other.  At least they are handling each other and not the other kids, right!?

Here are some shots of their faces during a LOUD argument in the back of the car.  They can give some pretty dirty crusties.  Usually the argument is based on following some rule that Ike wants to disregard. Zeb is DEAD serious about rules (if I even use the word 'but' in a conversation he informs me that I need to be in the bathroom to use words like that).  In this particular instance Ike is shouting at Kent to "go! go! go!" and Zeb is trying to explain to him that we are stopped at a red light and canNOT go anywhere until the light is green.


6 comments:

Shelly and Ken said...

I LOVE that you got a picture of their face when they are fighting. I have tried to capture my kids mad face (they can be so cute and funny) but I just never seem to have my camera. By the time I grab it they have turned away or aren't glaring anymore.

HowellAZ said...

Ha! That is great that you got these faces on film! They will be so glad to see these in about 15 years! It's fun that they are best buds, even with the dirty crusties in between. :)

Michelle said...

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

I love it. So cute and funny!

M- your favorite said...

They are so dang cute!

Erin said...

Way cute.

Steve and Hailey said...

OH I so relate to those expressions! Jack and Griff are full of them! Pretty funny...to everyone but them.