Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm posting from the library...


The internet at home is being completely useless- so I'm posting this from the library while the kids run amuck.  Luckily I'd already uploaded pictures before our internet went crazy.  It will connect- but only stay connected long enough to get to pages. I can't actually upload pictures or type anything long enough worth posting without disconnecting and having to start over!  grrr. I hope we can get it fixed soon.  Maybe its some sort of sign trying to get me to deep clean my house instead of blog.  Hah!  That's not going to happen.

I really do want to get back to daily blogging this year so that I can keep up to date on my ever changing kiddos and our crazy life. This year should be AMAZING. We have so much going on in the next six months I can't even fathom it all. 

We ended 2010 with quite a bang!  We went up to Grand Rapids and had a grand celebration with some cheesy cousins.
Here is Zeb ever so intensely toasting in the new year. He can be all business at times and tends to take things very seriously.
The weekend was so much fun.  New Years day we went out running/walking/climbing at a local park.  Who would have thought we could play outside in Michigan on New Years?

Even with blue skies-it was still pretty cold!  Definitely worth it to run around outside though.
                                                                                                            
We even had Steve (the world renowned lichenologist) around to find us some great lichen.  I'm pretty happy the Leavitts moved to Chicago so that we could have more family to be around!
 We got to climb to the top of these silos and check out the views of the park.  I still can't believe it was snowless.

Kent and I even ran the stairs five or six times. I really need to find a good set of stairs around here to run!  It was hard work.
 
It's so weird to me that we're all grown up with kids of our own. I remember being the kids and running around together as cousins. Now we're the grown-ups.
Thanks for the great time Starkeys and Leavitts! 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry about the internet troubles.

BEAUTIFUL children ... all around! It truly is amazing how time flies.

Those stairs are horrible. I would for sure keel over trying to run those ... I nearly did just looking at them. :)

What a gorgeous New Year's Day! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Zeb's seriousness ... it's one of my favorite part about him. He's such a cutie.

yaya said...

I'm so jealous that I missed the time with you guys. We sort of talked about going up for New Years, but Jack had surgery and we spent a very quiet, although nice, weekend here. I love all the kiddos pics and I laughed Sophie's expression in the last one. Talk about serious! Happy New Year!

Amy and Craig said...

Thanks for coming! We had such a great time! Let's hope that our next move takes us to Cinci so that the good times can continue to roll! Your pix are making me covet your camera!

Laney said...

I wish we had been there! But I guess with all that happened to us on New Years Day it's probably a blessing we were stuck in buffalo.

Laney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve and Hailey said...

I love the pictures! They don't express how cold it was...I look at them and think we are out walking on a fall day. We can't wait for your visit!