Friday, January 28, 2011

zeb's turn

 This kid is getting better every day.  He really is a good little boy.  Some days I feel like all I'm teaching him is how to be impatient and move quickly- but he must be learning something from somebody because he has been so sweet lately.  Yesterday our friend, Roxanne (who works here as maintenance and in the office), brought Zeb and Ike some treats (graham crackers and goldfish) as we were getting out of the car.  She handed them to Zeb and he looked right at her and said; "Roxanne, that is so nice of you to get me these! This is the best treat I've ever had! Thank you!"-  with the cutest smile and happiest face.  I couldn't believe the little phrases that popped out of his mouth- and all with such sincerity.
He's a really sensitive kid sometimes. He can get weepy pretty fast when he's upset and tends to gets his feelings hurt easily by friends- but I'll take that over a meany any day.  For awhile there when he was such a pusher/hitter I thought for sure we had a bully on our hands!

He also seems to be a pretty honest kiddo.  Yesterday at the grocery store he found a quarter on the floor at the checkout and picked it up all excited!  He showed it to me and I told him he could put it in his pocket to take home and put in his piggy bank (he's desperately trying to earn enough money to buy a few toys he 'really really needs').  Unprompted -he kept it in his hand and walked over to the woman at the self checkout next to ours and asked: "Lady, is this yours?". It was really cute and I'm pretty impressed that he did it! 

Right now he's suddenly obsessed with paper airplanes!  His cousin (Peter from Chicago) had a super cool paper airplane book that Zeb loved.  Kent found a website that has buckets of cool airplanes patterns to print out and make and the two have been having a lot of fun ever since.  Today Kent brought four patterns home to work on with him.  This is the 'Interceptor'. 
 Here's the rugrat making some adjustments.  These things fly amazingly well.
 Zeb is the coolest kid around.

2 comments:

Renae said...

I'm so impressed with Zeb! What a sweet little guy.

Michelle said...

Oh. He's so cute. Love his jeans - they are awesome. COOL AIRPLANES!! I need to do some research on cool airplane folding. What a good daddy you are, Kenter!