Wednesday, March 27, 2013

school cancelled- again :) and 'squishy baff'

I think March snow is my favorite.  It's somewhat of a surprise- it's usually pretty heavy so it's great for sledding and snow man building- it's rather short lived- and it means I don't have mow the lawn or pull weeds for at least another couple of weeks!!!

Zeb's school was cancelled (just in time for spring break that starts in three days!) and we spent the day having way too much fun.  the house is a catastrophic mess still this morning- but we did a lot of great stuff yesterday!

Zeb and Ike went sledding. TWICE.  I took them out at lunch just to the backyard.  We have the perfect hill for kiddo sledding.

March snow is also some of the tastiest.
 and then Kent tool them out AGAIN when he got home from work.  these boys are SPOILED :)

After our afternoon snow adventures- we had an army battle.  Thanks to our pal Ethan who let my boys borrow his amazing set!  hours of fun.

 We capped off the evening with what I was most excited for.  'Squishy Baff'.  Really- I've been so excited to try this stuff out!  we got it at ALDI (I adore that place!!).  It looked so darn fun. I mean-  look at the kids on the package- they are LOVING it.
and now look at my kid.   not as much love.  He FREAKED!  screaming so loud that then metta and zeb also started crying.  Zeb was wailing that Ike was hurting his ears.  Metta was just terrified.  And she was trying to eat the 'squishy baff' so she was livid that we removed her.
All in all it was a very successful snow day.  Kent and I even got some really good laughs out of the 'squishy baff' so I'd say it was a success.  And the package came with two 'squishy baffs' so we'll be trying it again soon.

9 comments:

Katrina said...

haha- that squishy baff stuff is hilarious. I wouldn't have thought it would make the kiddos cry!!! Sooo sad and funny! Need to get some of that asap! :-)

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

We tried the squishy baff last summer in a small swimming pool. They hated it!!

Shelly said...

Chase got the same stuff for his birthday. HE hated it too!! He absolutely refused to sit down in it. I finally got Caden to sit in it and he thought it was fun, but Chase did not like it.

Mamapierce said...

That is so SAD! I've never heard of "Squishy Baff" but I'm not sure I want to try it out. ;)

HowellAZ said...

Not a dull moment at your house! That snow just makes me want to curl up and stay home...I think it's awesome that you go out and enjoy it!

Kim T. said...

What's next to him in the tub? Are you sure he's crying about the "baff"? I'm kidding! This cracked me up! Kids are so funny!

Kent and Leisy said...

kim- I keep thinking- people are going to think those cars are poo logs!! I swear they are matchbox cars!!!!

Motivated Mama said...

I'm glad you said that--I totally thought there was poop in the tub. :)

Michelle said...

Squishy Baff is gross.

The boys look so stinkin' cute in their hats!