Thursday, May 30, 2013

my little kindergarten graduate!

 Today was kindergarten graduation.  This kid is moving on!   and I am so proud of him.  He's one of the very youngest in his class (still not even 6) but he finished at the top of his class (if that's possible in kindergarten!!).
they had a short program and received diplomas!  and then we stayed after and helped clean up classrooms.
 Metta was so good and had so much fun at graduation.  Lately she's been a terror- but she was a little champ today. She sat at a desk for at least twenty minutes coloring and reading?!  it was adorable
 Zeb and his principal- Mr. Borchers.
 and Mrs. Violet.  What a wonderful wonderful year with a stellar teacher.
 Zeb's pal- Magnus- took these pictures- so they are a little off centered- but I didn't get any others so they will have to do!
 me and my crazy lazy eye.
Really and truly- Zeb is the best kid.   As Mrs. Violet was giving her closing comments- she thanked all of the parents for raising such great little kids.  Then she told a story about when they were reading Charlotte's Web in class this year.  She told the kids she might cry a little at a certain part- and not too worry if she did.  She then relayed that Zeb stood up and went and got her a tissue :)   More than being the smartest or the brightest child- I want Zeb to be the kindest and the friendliest.  I  am really proud of him.

6 comments:

Julie Sacks said...

I'm right there with ya, if I can teach my kids to be kind to other, than I will consider it a success! Can you believe our boys, so grown up! Cohen "graduates" next week. So excited for him. Zeb is so sweet!

Michelle said...

What a sweetie!! Such a thoughtful kiddo.

LOVE that pic of Metta just reading away. So cute.

Your crooked eye - totally makes my eyes feel like they are crossing. I can't look at it! haha.

Congrats, Zeb! You are an awesome kid!

Jana said...

You are too cute Leisy! Congrats to Zeb on graduating kindergarten. I hope you are well. I think of you guys often.

HowellAZ said...

Seriously, the cutest little graduate! And what a sweetheart - love that story about the tissue!

Pat and Brent said...

Way to go Zeb, you're on your way all right. We are so proud of you! Love, Gma Pat & Gpa Brent

yaya said...

Congrats Zeb! It's uphill from here on out! Cute pics and I love the one of Metta..soon it will be her in class! Craig was only 4 when he started kindergarten...and look how good he did! And married into a cool family!