Thursday, June 28, 2007

baby z, the entomologist!

Okay , so we found this really cool beetle and brought it home for our collection! The problem is that in all of our packing and mess we forgot to kill it and just left him under a plastic cup on the counter. While we were out this evening he managed to slide the cup to the edge of the table and make an escape. He was hanging out on the computer desk when we got home. Kent sat at the computer for at least twenty minutes before I noticed that our missing coleopteran was right in front of his nose!



We decided to let baby Z get used to him since, due to the fact that he has Biology-nerd, bug- loving parents, he most likely will be an entomologist of sorts. Zeb just stared at him for awhile, even swatted at him twice. We think he was trying to catch him again for us!





9 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh man, guys. I could never live at your house. I have made my kids scared to death of bugs. Kobe freaks out about FLYS. sad.

Anonymous said...

That's it. I'm finding the number of child protective services right now.

M- your favorite said...

What the world?!? That is craaaaaazy. Well good luck with that. That sick!!

Michelle said...

Seriously - this picture could win a contest! Zeb's face is so dang cute - full of wonder and curiosity. I'm not a fan of that big ugly bug, but - I can feel the love through Z's eyes. TOO cute.

Brittney said...

You guys are hilarious! This pictue is classic! Leisy, I'm glad you seem to be holding up well. I've thought about you lots in the last couple of weeks. Our little guy hit his two-week mark on Tuesday and I'm hoping we're past the "This too shall pass" stage of adjusting to a newborn. =) Your Zeb is darling! I love reading the updates and seeing the pics.

Pam and Rand said...

That is seriously the cutest picture! Zeb has the sweetest looking face. That bug is about as big as he is.

Anonymous said...

i would like everyone on the blog to know, that I, Laney, caught the bug and brought it to kent and leisy!!!!

The Jackson Family said...

That is a cool bettle-I can't believe how big it is!! That's how Hanna learned to love bugs-start when they're young!

Pat and Brent said...

Who had who for lunch here?