Monday, June 25, 2007

Packing Woes

Packing is wretched! Simply awful and no fun. This is really the first time Leisy and I have ever moved. When we got married we really didn't have anything to move and I was living in the apartment a month before we got married. What I did have I was able to move a little at a time throughout the month. No boxes required. I would pack up my truck and laundry baskets and bring over a load. In the two and a half years of marriage we have accumulated so much junk! It's been nice to make so many DI runs but we still have SO many boxes yet to stuff with our belongings. We're tempted to just throw everything away but we keep remembering that we will be in Ohio longer than we have been here. There are a lot of those items that we need. It's not like we are going to have money to buy stuff out there! And the worst thing about packing is we start to do something in the house, get half way through the task (usually cooking) and realize that what we need to finish has already been packed away and shipped up to Lehi. We will be storing all of our things at Leisy's parent's house for two weeks to avoid paying double rent - here and in Ohio. We are quite excited to have a new place and reorganize everything.

6 comments:

kenna said...

Sure, make the penguin do all the work...

kenna said...

Oh, and that apt. better be sparkling when we move in!

Michelle said...

It's getting so close! It will be so weird to have our family split after all these years. Double hooray for blogging, eh?

The Jackson Family said...

I think I'm in denial that you guys are actually moving away. It won't hit me until I have to so goodbye. I am really going to miss you guys.

M- your favorite said...

You know it's crazy that you guys are moving- I know that you have been talking about it for so long- it seems wired that it's finally here. Now that you have a baby-just wait to see how much more stuff you end up with. That's the fun part!

M- your favorite said...

Yes I just reread what I wrote and I spelled weird wrong sorry about that. :)