Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's ten o'clock and I feel like this is the first time I've had time to sit down and blog since Monday.  Our evenings have been especially full this week (2 softball games and cooking group) and I've just been ready for bed by the time we've made it home.  

Plus- I've been on a reading frenzy.  I go through these intense crazy reading intervals where I read 2-3 full novels or 4-5 teen books a week and I'm on one right now. Since Sunday I've read 'Persepolis' and 'When Crickets Cry' and I'm halfway through 'Olive Kitteridge'. I've got quite the stack to keep moving through as well.
                                                                                                                                 

I decided to go out on a limb for book club this month and I ended up choosing 'Persepolis'. It's a graphic novel (comic book style) and I'd never read one until now. I was hesitiant- but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.  I was surprised at how easily I just got into it. I was worried about the flow- but I finished it in one sitting and forgot it was a comic pretty quickly.  The topic (Iranian girl growing up during the Islamic revolution) was really interesting and new to me as well.    

Besides being busy at night- our days have been filled with normal business. Park, gym, library, grocery store, etc.   I haven't been nearly as good at documenting our day to day activities as I used to be- but here are some random shots from the week.

I got this yellow exercise band free in the mail awhile back and Zeb loves it. He plays with it constantly. He 'couples' things to each other with it, he and Ike throw each other around with it, and he even does exercises with it.
He especially enjoys tying it to chairs/railings/bars, etc
And here's my summer ragamuffin. The humidity makes dirt and sand stick to these kids like glue.  His obsession with bananas is right up there with black beans.  At the grocery store he goes APE when we pass them. He screams and shouts 'nannas!!!!!'.  I've learned to always bring one with me from home so that he doesn't freak out while waiting to eat one after checkout.
And here's contemplative Zeb. He's so emotional right now. It's like toddler PMS- only way worse. I can't even imagine having girls if this is what my boy is like. Today I just wanted to spank some sense into his tears!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My girls weren't like that--well not all of them.

Michelle said...

I love how different Ike and Zeb are ... even in their day to day pictures! What precious photos of both of them.

Busy is good. I love it when you go on reading "rampages" ... more recommends for me!!! :)

Lyndsay said...

I'm so glad that you're willing to play twice a week! At least tonight's game felt good!

April said...

Yeah. My kids are emo too. Strangely, Beck is more so than Lily...so I'm not sure the boy/girl thing holds on this one. I hope its a phase that passes QUICKLY.

yaya said...

Zeb is advanced...usually it's 4yrs olds!