Saturday, August 14, 2010

Suddenly Zeb decided he doesn't want to go to the kid zone at the gym EVER again. Yesterday he wailed and pleaded and sobbed that I not leave him. All while I was supposed to be STARTING my class  (the one I teach!). grrr.  It didn't help that he was giving especially nasty looks to and growling (seriously) at the kid zone workers.
I asked him to show me the nastiest face he could to try and recreate the mood. Here's what I got.  It's close.
and this kid. what am I going to do with him?  we had a near ER visit thanks to his shenanigans.  He decided to jump off the kitchen table (yeah- he gets up there a lot and I can't exactly hide all six chairs all the time) and got a RIDICULOUSLY large and gaping blood gushing gash in his mouth.  It must have been his razor sharp vampire teeth.  The on call doc said that since he's so young and it's in his mouth- the options are very limited.  Just give him liquids and soft foods for awhile.  And pain killers.  and that means that last night he was awake and screaming from 1 to 4:30 AM. Seriously- SCREAMING bloody murder.  He didn't nap yesterday either.  I would post a picture of the gash- but every time I look at it I get all queasy. It makes me so sad to know he's got such a large wound that we can't do anything about!
I'm not sure why the kids saw fit to create this lovely environment just a few days before I become temporarily  single.  Maybe they are trying to get me to send them with Kent.  Okay. I relent.  Kiddos- you can go with your dad.

In all their monstrousness- they are such wonderful children. They love me despite my faults. They don't roll their eyes at me when I get a little crazy (yet!).  They don't judge me for my imperfections.  If I can't have Kent for awhile- at least I'll have them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Send them to Nannie Annie.

brittani c. said...

Out of most people that I know, you are the most capable of handling pure craziness. Being a "single mom" stinks. I hate it.

Unknown said...

I would guess Zeb had a bad experience in the kid zone at the
gym...there is a reason. And you
are a great mother!