Sunday, August 15, 2010

pictures.

The lighting in the airport was terrible for picture taking- and I didn't do anything to compensate- so pardon the fuzzy shots!

I love that we got special military passes to walk Kent to the gate! the kids loved seeing the airplanes taxi out and it was nice to spend some more time with kent.  I did feel guilty, though, because I think people thought that Kent was leaving his 'poor wife and kids' for a crazy long time to some far away place.
Best part of the morning was definitely the play zone.
Here are the monkeys saying goodbye.  Ike was just mad that we pulled him away from the toys!  Kent's plane is right behind the kiddos- and once he boarded he had a window seat and could wave to us.  Zeb kept yelling "bye, dad! see you later, papa!"  Ike had no idea what we were waving at.
I love this picture for two reasons.
1. I thought it was Zeb initially! these boys look a lot alike! and,
2. Ike's little kisses are so funny right now! and he doesn't say gross and wipe his face afterward like Zeb does.
Kent's all settled in now- and is getting pretty good treatment. He got free food on the flights! Once in Texas-  he reported directly to the base from the airport and is going to get started bright and early tomorrow morning.
Miss and love you, ralph!

7 comments:

brittani c. said...

So, the away rotations begin! So neat that you got to go up to the gate to say goodbye--it's like what we all used to do in the olden days. I hope the time goes by quickly for all of you because it's gonna feel like a 'crazy long time'.

dockters said...

Good luck with Kent being away!! From now on 4th year is going to fly by! It really is crazy how fast the last year goes. If you guys get the itch to do something different while you're a single parent...drive on down for a visit! We'd love it!

M- your favorite said...

I love that picture of Ike with Kent. So sweet. Wow, I don't know how I feel about the crop hair do. I guess that is the way it needs to be.

Good luck Leisy! I hope the time goes by fast for you.

Amy and Craig said...

sad that he left. He's gonna be gone a long time in my book! Come up and hang out with us!!!

yaya said...

The boys look so cute in those outfits and Kent looks so handsome in his..we are proud of him and you for all the sacrifice it takes to be a military family. Sweetest pic of Kent and Ike..brings a tear to my eye!

Laney said...

these pictures almost make me want to cry. I feel like kent is going off to war.

Michelle said...

You are in our prayers!