Saturday, August 21, 2010

So Kent thinks he's all cool because today he spent the day at the Alamo and all over the great sites of downtown San Antonio.  I told him he had better not waste his days away doing nothing in an exciting city even if he was alone.  I demanded pictures and lots of stories as well  :)  Thanks, Kent!  You can check out his blog here if you're interested.
We've been keeping ourselves crazy busy doing all sorts of fun stuff, too.
We've made it one whole week and the worst of my worries is boredom.  I am going crazy bored without Kent, but I've found extra patience and the kids seem to be behaving even better than usual.
I'm putting in some extra miles to train for some races coming up the next few months and I'm picking up a new class to teach at the YMCA soon.
We've been swimming with the kiddos at the best pool in town!
I love this little kiddie wading pool at the JCC/YMCA. Even Ike can walk around and play.  Here he is with his pal, August.

We also spent one afternoon playing games at Chuck-e-cheese with pals. We still haven't burned through our plethora of tokens from our last adventure there.
And we've spent some time painting the sidewalk and swimming at our friends' house!
Ike loved it, too. He's so funny right now. He burped earlier today- then giggled.  I looked at him sternly and he held up his little hand to his mouth and said "scuse me".  It was really funny.


This morning we went to the Maumee summer city parade.  Nothing better than free suckers and lots of big trucks and floats.
We also walked around the booths and got all sorts of free goodies!  The boys got a little tired and concerned once the rain started coming down.  Here's Zeb urging me to get to the car instead of stop and take pictures.

4 comments:

Kent said...

They've been so good without me there they got to go to Chuck-e-cheese?? What did Ike like best this time? He's crazy in the pool - it looks like he just finished swimming laps.

LauraJ said...

Love the blog updates - your boys are looking so old and grown up! They are cute little guys!

Laney said...

did he go to the basement of the alamo?

yaya said...

So cute! They look so happy and no bumps on their little noggins! I don't know how you can get bored with those guys keeping you busy!