Monday, August 23, 2010

Some days I'm absolutely sure that I'm NOT made for motherhood. Seriously.
But, there's something about having a job that makes me feel so much better. Even though it's a few hours a week and only 10 or twenty bucks, it just makes it easier. It makes me feel a little more important.
And it's especially nice to have a break when Kent is out being a tourist in Texas :) I miss him a lot.  Talking to him on the phone is terrible. I'd just rather have him home! Luckily the days there are great for him. He's loving what he's doing (pediatric clinic and infectious disease stuff) and he's meeting all sorts of fabulous people.  His nights and weekends have been worse than ours, though.  We've been super busy here- but he doesn't have much of anything going on once he's done with work.


 
It's crazy hot in San Antonio and he tells me that every time he walks outside, he thinks to himself; "Leisy could never live here!".  Our top two choices of places to go next are either there or Dayton. I'm really pushing for Dayton- but if he loves the program in Texas, I would be happy to go.  I can live anywhere happily for three years- and there is so much to do in Texas.  Plus, I think I'd make a really good Texan.


5 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

My brother in law, Clint Duncan just moved to San Antonio for his ophthalmology residency. His wife HATES the weather and the scorpions there. There's something to look forward to....

Kenna said...

You have to love pick up trucks and football to be a good Texan!

Lyndsay said...

I say don't feel guilty about loving the break that a job gives you from the every day grind. It's nice to have some variety every once in a while.

dockters said...

Leisy, you would be a fabulous Texan! I can just imagine it!! And you're right..you can live anywhere for 3 years! That's nothing.

I'm already anxious to know where you all are going to end up. How many more weeks is Kent gone?

Tanner Mills said...

texans are the worst!