Sunday, August 8, 2010

When Ike gets in trouble- instead of sending him to timeout- I flick him in the forehead with my middle finger.  You can tell he's been getting in trouble A LOT lately. 
I'm TOTALLY joking. This kid refuses to put his hands out in front of him when he falls so he takes the brunt of every tumble to the forehead. It's a protruding giant goose egg that won't ever disappear. It looks like we abuse him.
Tonight when we walked down to the swingset at our place- Ike went with Kent to lock up the pool and fell AGAIN on the cement. Luckily this time he landed on the side of his head so instead of causing this one to grow- he just added another.  I'll get a picture tomorrow.  Hopefully it doesn't swell and bruise.

Zeb insisted on wearing his galoshes and they greatly impeded his sliding speed. He was barely moving in this picture.  Sorry my pics are a little blurry.
But he figured out that when he picked up the boots- he could get going a lot faster.


Church switched to one o'clock last week and so far I'm in heaven. It definitely has it's downsides- and I'm sure I'll get sick of it fast- but for now I'm enjoying every free minute we have before church. 

No more crazy rushing out of the house in a frenzy. No more waiting for hours AFTER church to break our fast. No more waking up early to try and get showered and ready before Kent has to leave for pre church meetings. 

Hello crockpot roast and nicely risen rolls when we get home from church. Hello Sunday morning strolls at the park. Hello sleeping in and having cream cheese and nutella filled fresh strawberry crepes for breakfast. 

I'm in love with late church.  So are these kids- for now :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

OUCHERS!! That is one ginormous goose egg!

Handsome, handsome boys all decked out for church!

Love the pjs and galoshes!

dockters said...

Poor Ike!! I laughed at your flicking the forehead comment because I so wanted to do that to Max today!!!!

Your boys are looking so much alike to me! I love their ties...and I, too, have been enjoying late church! It would be even better if I could train my kids to sleep in on Sunday mornings!

M- your favorite said...

Man that is a bad bump on the head. Crazy kid! He is looking so big to me. He is growing up way to fast! cute little man!

The Ziemers said...

I love late church, too! One day to sleep in a week makes me a happy mom! I miss all your energy, Leisy! I wish I could come for a VT chat. I miss those.