Saturday, January 18, 2014

the toxic marshmallow.

I'm pretty grumpy tonight.  that's allowed every now and again, right!?  
But- it is snowing.  and I am pretty happy about that.  unless, of course, it makes the roads bad and church gets cancelled.  grrr.  Let's hope it doesn't happen.

I really do think that falling snow is one of the most beautiful sights.

I took this picture one of the days this week.  and I just love it.  Metta yells 'yeehaw!!!' whenever she sees a horse.  she couldn't get enough of 'sandy- the one cent pony'.
Today we went to a friend's birthday party at Boonshoft- the children's museum.  It was a BLAST!!!  we got to do experiments, play at the museum, hang out by the meercats, and eat great cake :)  
Ike did happen to eat a piece of a marshmallow from one of the experiments and the worker PANICKED.  He went off about how the marshmallows were stored in the same cabinet as MANY CHEMICALS and how he needed to go and spit it out quickly.  Ike had already swallowed it!  maybe they shouldn't put a giant opened bag of toxic marshmallows in front of kids at a birthday party :)
Even after the experiments he was so worried.  He told me I needed to watch him closely and let them know if ANYthing happened!  I guess I am the most unconcerned parent on the planet.  I wasn't worried at all.  I'm not worried now.
Here he is an hour or so later with a meercat.
He's in bed now.  Maybe I should check to see if he's breathing.

The coolest part of the party was when we got our very own PRIVATE planetarium show.  It was pretty cool.  Metta was TERRIFIED of it all.  

Let's hope things get better tomorrow.  I need to be cheered up.

4 comments:

Amber and Travis said...

It looks like you had a good day even though you were grumpy! I was not grumpy, but had a bad day. At least we were both lucky enough to not have a combination of the two! I hope tomorrow is better!

Unknown said...

Happier now? If not, Maybe you should come home.

N.A.

yaya said...

Even regular marshmellows are toxic in my opinion..unless they are roasted over a fire, squished in a graham cracker with chocolate...

Mamapierce said...

Marshmallows...yum...