Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference has NEVER been so difficult to listen to. I'm pretty sure that part of it was because I kept waiting and anticipating President Hinckley's talk- and it never came. It was really weird to not have him speak- I missed him. Perhaps more than that, this conference was so difficult because we have "the little hellian that whined" (instead of the little engine that could).
He is such a busy body, crawling everywhere, attention seeking, slobbering, teething, coughing, fun, and crazy little rugrat (I still love him, I promise). He cannot be appeased right now. He wants EVERYTHING constantly. He's got bruises all over his forehead (I'm sure somebody has already called DCFS on us) and yet continues to pull himself up on everything and then fall head first as he reaches for faraway objects or tries to walk away from his handholds. He somehow manages ubiquity as well. There's toilet paper all over the bathroom floor, the pots and pans are out of every cupboard, my sock drawer has been completely emptied, and ever cord near the computer desk is out of place. The only room not a disaster right now is his bedroom- funny how that works, huh?
Here's a little video of him doing his stuff- kinda boring but good stuff for gmas, gpas, nanny annies, aunts, and uncles.


Even with Z's antics, I did love the last session of conference. Elder Ballard's talk could not have come at a better time- and I'm so excited about elder Bednar's talk.

and we also had the lovely chance to go on a long walk between sessions! Our favorite park has finally thawed out (only a few puddles left) and we, along with the rest of toledo, decided to head over for a nice Sunday walk. It did turn into quite the adventure! The bridge was out of commission due to the raised raging river waters (okay, it's just a slow moving creek, but the bridge was slightly covered) but we decided to cross anyway! I made Kent cross first to make sure it was safe and sound and then followed with Zeb and the stroller. He zonked halfway through our trek- it was quite pleasant.

7 comments:

Jill Lau said...

About Zeb, all I can say is welcome to the busier, messier, but funner time of life. Enjoy!

Cynthia said...

When I was reading about Zeb making all those messes I just had to chuckle. Welcome to the world of motherhood when kids can make lots of messes! It does get better because you can eventually make them pick up after themselves.

I loved the talk on motherhood also. It was my favorite. "The joys of motherhood come in MOMENTS!" So true!

Also, I can't believe you crossed that bridge, then again, you are Leisy, so I believe it, but you couldn't have gotten me to cross it!

tiffany said...

love the video zeb is to cute how wet were your feet after crossing the bridge?

Unknown said...

Jansen was so crazy at that age too. Remember when I walked to see you at Orem Jr.? And I was out walking every morning by like 8 because he was bored of the house already. It got a little better when he started walking. I like that bridge of death.

M- your favorite said...

OOH MY He is so cute! Yes Conference is harder to liesten to when you have little kids around. But that life. He is a very happy baby! I Love it!

Amy and Craig said...

Sadly, conference takes on a different feeling after the kiddos. It's a challenge. We have been happy that we've gotten to watch it on the computer at home so we can hear it (at the church we have to take turns walking halls and doing bathroom runs)and the kids can move around a bit more. Zeb is reminding me of Taylor. Those little boys are just all over(I guess Katie was too, but it's a bit different. Taylor is master of destruction and has to bang things and do funny little fighting stances). We miss you guys!

Michelle said...

That bridge ... holy cow ... I'm speechless. :)

Messes by kiddos - just gets better and better the closer he gets to 3! Mwahahahahahaha. heehee.