Wednesday, April 30, 2008

calories, calories, calories

My goodness, what a gluttonous day. For lunch Zeb and I visited Kent on campus and got free Panera (very similar to kneaders) at a military lunch meeting. It was delicious and very unhealthy- but the meeting was super informative and beneficial. It got me even more excited for our options of living overseas eventually! There were parts of it that reinforced some of my nervousness with Kent being in the armed forces, but I'm definitely super excited about our future in the Air Force.
For dinner I made my very most favorite Teriyaki Turkey Sliders. Oh my goodness- I love them! and they were quite the hit with the ward. I actually made them as part of a "healthy cooking" life skills youth activity. The kids were so surprised that the cucumbers on them actually tasted good! Kent helped out by making his fantastic fruit smoothies in the magic bullet.
Finally this evening (after we got home from all of our stuff) we dragged Zeb out of bed to go and take part in the 31 cent ice cream scoops at Baskin Robbins (half the ward and Kent's med school class were there too). Z was such a good sport. No tears and immediately back to sleep upon return home. There was a ten scoop limit at BR- Kent got SEVEN. What a little piggy. In his defense I must add that the lady scooping our ice cream was extremely stingy and the scoops were beyond miniscule.

To top off the day, unfortunately Zeb has a horrendous little cough and I had this wicked sinus headache so we didn't go running either- which just added to my guilt while consuming the calories. Oh well, huh? You have to have a few days like this.

Here's the little guy hanging out watching blues clues. I don't like when he's sick- but he's really cute just lounging on the couch. And I love this ladybug blanket- thanks grandma O!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww ... Zeb looks so cute lounging on the couch.

I'm jealous about the icecream. The lines were just way too long and the weather way too freezing out here to make it happen.

Living over seas ... you guys brave ... and very adventurous. ;)

Michelle said...

PS - I still haven't heard how Kent's tests went last weekend. All good?

Unknown said...

I read your blog every day and I'm
glad Zeb likes the ladybug blanket.
Grandma Carol

Kent and Leisy said...

michelle- all went great with kent's tests- just five more to go in the next four weeks :)

Anonymous said...

I have become accustomed to tests. As soon as those other tests ended I began preparing for more. I have two more this week and two finals in another two weeks! The tests never end!!

brittani c. said...

I must have had the same lady scooping up ice cream. They were more like a 25 cent kiddie cone. Glad you enjoyed the ice cream too. I might go again next year.