Tuesday, April 8, 2008

toilet baby

oh, this guy makes me so mad sometimes. Last night we played in the front room from 2-4, yep, that's AM. He woke himself up coughing and then coughed so hard he vomited all over himself. He was entirely awake at that point and the crawling around and reading books helped the mucus loosen so he could go back to sleep (2 hours later, of course). Other than the nighttime cough and mucus this kid has no symptoms of being ill.
Besides making me so mad, he really makes me laugh so hard. He is the master mimic-er (is that a word?) and has begun to speak! He now says mom, dad, up, and hi. He also just yells a lot. We are working on the word "ball" but he can't seem to master the "L" sound. His favorite room is still the bathroom. He especially loves when I flush the toilet. I absolutely love watching him dart for the toilet as fast as he can when he hears the flush. I got it on video this morning for you all to enjoy as well. You can also hear his fabulous elocution of the word "hi".

12 comments:

dockters said...

LOVE IT! And he's totally saying "HI!" How fun!

Hope tonight is better for you. But if I'm up with Sam again...let's meet in the hallway! :)

Julie Sacks said...

I am so sorry you had to be up in the middle of the night! I hope he sleeps better for you tonight! And DANG, you have a speedy quick kid on your hangs.

Zak said...

I'm sorry, but that still grosses me out when he reaches for the toilet water.

It doesn't take away from his cuteness, however. I hate that you guys don't live here anymore.

taylor and laney said...

i wish the toilet made me that happy.

tiffany said...

he is so cute love love love the video i cant belive he istalking already the toilet thing is funny why cant little stupid things like that make us allhappy allthe time?

Cynthia said...

Now if that doesn't motivate you to keep your toilets clean, I don't know what will!
Loved his "hi".

Unknown said...

He's quick! That's the funniest video yet!

Linz said...

He is fast! Way to go on saying hi!! Yea Zeb!! That made me smile! THanks!

Leslie said...

Oh his "hi" is so great! The toilet thing COMPLETELY grosses me out, but hey...he's your baby, so you get to let him do whatever you want! :)

Pat and Brent said...

Way to say "Hi" little smarty pants! He's quick to get in on the flusing action! Hope he never actually makes contact though. You guys have your hands full with him!

Michelle said...

I am SO amazed that he has said his first words!!! You'll always be so glad to have that on video. So VERY cute. I feel like he's talking right to ME and JUST ME!!!! :) He is so dang fast - that's hilarious how he runs to the toilet flush sound. He's so curious. Definitely scientist. Thanks so much for sharing.

Deneal said...

Love the toilet video. How cute and funny. Ashton got a good laugh from watching it too.