Friday, April 25, 2008

this week....


Hi 82 F
Very warm
So, Friday nearly kicked my trash. 82 freaking degrees and something like 60% humidity. Can we not work our way into summer gradually? This is disgusting. We are supposed to get a rain snow mix on Monday- that should help a little.

The rest of the week wasn't as rotten! We actually had a few good days of 60 degreeish weather. Zeb and I took advantage with many outside runs. You may have to enlarge this picture to get a good look but as you can sort of see, there were deer EVERYWHERE- all along our running trails. I am still nervous about one of them attacking me, but at least I didn't see any big antlers (that tear through little babies) this time. I do however have greater reason to be afraid of the parks. Apparently there was a stabbing at MY park (Swan Creek) this week! Some crazy man was hitting his wife and a man with a dog tried to intervene and was stabbed! then the crazy man stabbed the dog too! the dog ended up dying. See the news story here.
I never go running at night so I'm not too worried. There are plenty of senior citizens on the trail looking out for me :)

Zeb also decided to take advantage of the weather. We made him a little swimming pool on the deck. Initially we just filled it with a little water so he could dip his hands in and splash around. He ended up getting over excited and going in head first. At that point we stripped him down and added more water. If you enlarge this picture little Zeb looks like a miniature Quasimodo.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love the picture from the park. It looks like a painting. We definitely have some amazing trails/parks here in Toledo. And while you are excited about the weather changing and the possibility of snow Monday, I am not so happy about that. I want SPRING!

Walnut said...

Zeb, I did the exact same thing last saturday

Kent and Leisy said...

cyndi- I want spring too! but I do NOT want the 82 and the humidity!!!! do you guys get the deer in your yard ever?

tiffany said...

why cant we all take advantage of the great weather like zeb did? im screaming bring on the summer!!!!!

Emilee said...

Mimi said, "I saw Zeb's little booty-butt."
Livi said, "Mimi, we don't say 'butt.'"

Kent and Leisy said...

emilee- sorry for the family discontent. I tried to find the most modest and censored of shots :)

Kenna said...

In our six years here in Toledo it has not been unusual to have one week of spring and then get into summer-like weather. I think it is because winter lasts FOREVER! I love the pool.