Monday, December 1, 2008
back to real life
This morning was rough. I hadn't had to get up at 5:56 for seven whole days. Ralph went back to school too- so the rugrat was all mine all day :) I also went back to my daily cleaning routine (which isn't all that routine). During the break I was complaining to kent about how much I really dislike cleaning- I don't care that the house always gets dirty again- I certainly have NO complaints about Kent's contributions to the housework- and it isn't that I feel like it's all that I do everyday- It's just that I hate to clean. I enjoy a clean house but it isn't something that I have to have. I do it because I know that it needs to be done and that a clean home makes for a happier home. Kent decided to do some research and found this list for me online. It's entitled "How to make housecleaning fun!". It's ridiculous- and the only two steps that I agree with are six and seven. Plus, how does "wearing a smock or apron with pockets" make housecleaning more fun?!!?
1.Don't start your house cleaning until you have some lively, upbeat music playing in the background.
2. Assemble all of your cleaning tools on a cart you can roll from room to room.
3. Add a little fantasy to your house cleaning! Pretend you're cleaning your home in preparation for a visit from your favorite celebrity. Who would want their idol to see a dirty house?
4. Wear a smock or an apron with pockets for brushes and other small tools to give you easy access to them and make your cleaning task easier.
5. Eliminate clutter!
6. Have a reward planned for after you've completed your house cleaning.
7. Have a maid service come in once a month and give you home a deep cleaning.
8. Clean with gusto! Think about all the calories you're burning in the process...
9. Get the whole family involved.
10. When cleaning, make sure you're wearing the most comfortable clothing and shoes possible.
Be alone and enjoy it!
I think we should move to China and hire an Aiee for 1.50 an hour like Kent's cousin Heidi.