Sunday, April 26, 2009

family photos and updates.

I think that this is the first picture we've got of all four of us ever! Ike is nearly three months old and we couldn't hold still long enough to get a picture until today!!!
Kent's head is cut off and we are not centered because this was taken by timer from the other couch. I can't believe that we got a smile out of the Zebster at the appropriate time. Ike doesn't take direction quite yet.

Here's the photo that was taken when we were still getting ready. I thought that kent had set the ten second timer- but apparently it was the 2 second one. Zeb was trying to get us to eat his strawberries (I think it's actually supposed to be a tomato but he calls it a strawberry) and grapes.
I couldn't resist posting this picture. I know that most parents think their children are just adorable all the time- but I will admit that Ike has his cute times and his not so cute moments. Just ask my seminary students- one of them gagged one morning when he started coughing. She said it grossed her out really bad and that he looked "scary" when he coughed!!
Lately he has been pretty darn cute nearly all of the time. His laughs and giggles are hilarious. Unfortunately EVERY time I pull out the video camera to record it- he gets all intrigued and becomes very serious immediately.

Zeb has finally started to LOVE coloring. It used to bore him tremendously but now he gets so excited when he sees any writing utensils. We've had a few run ins with the crayons this week however. I'm posting this picture of his artwork on the wall. Right after I took the picture he was required to wash down the wall. I won't be including the picture of the blue crayon that he ate (it's a picture of the digestion aftermath).
You can see his little pointer finger in the "no" position as he mimics my actions pointing to the wall. "no, wall, no" he kept saying to me.

14 comments:

taylor and laney said...

I like the candid pic the best. And Ike is getting pretty cute in an old man kind of way.

Renae said...

I love the missed shot of the fam! Ike is a cutie.

boysmum2 said...

Beautiful picture

Amy and Craig said...

I can't believe how much bigger Ike is just since we saw him!!! wowowowow!! Love the double chin.

The Ziemers said...

Fun family pictures! I don't think there is a wall in our house that hasn't been drawn on. I figure that is just part of having kids. I am excited for a little bit cooler weather, but still warm this next week.

Kent and Leisy said...

amy- it's pretty crazy how much he's grown! he's ate like a horse last week- so I'm sure it was a growth spurt!

M- your favorite said...

GREAT family pictures! The littles are so cute! I am glad to hear Zeb likes to color- I thought he did, but anywho they are so cute! I love them. I don't think I can say that enough!

Cynthia said...

cute family picture. three out of four people looking at the camera isn't too bad! (also...your skirt is really cute!)

Unknown said...

Ooooh those boys are cute! Can't wait to see you all in August.

How's the canker sore? Gone yet?

Kent and Leisy said...

mum- the canker sore is still here- but much smaller and causing little pain now! we are quite excited about august!!!

Pat and Brent said...

What artist couldn't resist a huge blank canvas? I love the way he blames it on the wall. Cute, cute pictures of cute, cute kids!

Michelle said...

Cute familia!

Looking forward to August TOO!!!

Rachael said...

Great family pictures!! I love that story about the seminary student, too. Derek recently asked the kids in his class to think of attractive movie stars and used the word "hot" and they all got super grossed out and said it's a nasty word. Huh. I guess that means we're old?! too funny. I love hearing his stories from class.

dockters said...

I, too, love the candid pic of you guys!