Thursday, April 2, 2009

It was bound to happen

Zeb watches me put on my makeup everyday and begs to play with my mirror and mascara tubes- so I knew something like this was bound to occur. I'm just a little irritated that he did it to my bronzer. Has anybody tried cleaning up powdery bronzer? It's ridiculously hard.
I was attempting to make dinner (that has been the HARDEST part of having two children. Why do they BOTH get so needy at dinner time?!?!) and had distracted Zeb with a Thomas dvd (or so I thought). He climbed up onto the table, pulled my makeup bag out of my purse, and proceeded to bronze his face and arms, his clothes, and the surrounding carpet.

I had to vacuum everything up that I could and then scrub and scrub with carpet cleaner for at least thirty minutes. I pounded out his clothes on the balcony and let them soak for an hour in stain remover. Everything has been restored to its proper color and Zeb is now terrified to touch my makeup bag. I took the picture AFTER we had the discussion about why he shouldn't play with my makeup. I think he actually felt bad about it.

13 comments:

Laney said...

this is hysterical. I have some extra bronzer if you want it, I'll bring it with me at easter.

Linz said...

Oh dear! That kind of makeup is SO hard to clean! Yikes!

M- your favorite said...

WOW! That is a mess! Your bronzer is really pretty. I like the glitter! I can just see him now, getting into it and thinking he was so big! I love that kid!

Cynthia said...

What a mess! And of course he had to get into the expensive bronzer and not some cheap lip gloss.

Anonymous said...

My first thought was that he knocked over the ant farm. I just about panicked.

taylor said...

That last comment was me.

dave said...

Leisy and Kent,
This is a bit off subject but do you know if MVHS is having a 10 year reunion this year? Or has it already happened and I didn't get an invite? I figured if anybody knew it would be you or one of the thousands of people linked to your blog.
Just post the info on your blog if you know please.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Stuff like that is SO funny when it is someone else's kid and such a pain when it's your kid and you get clean up duty. Certain children I know used to get in the tampon box and play with them like lincoln logs.

Rachael said...

What a mess!! It's a good thing he's so dang cute and that you've got amazing cleaning skills! Good job saving it all. I'd be tempted to throw the shirt away and be done with it!! :)

Kent and Leisy said...

dave- check out the facebook group "Mountain View High School Class of 1999". That will have the most up to date info. So far nothing has been solidified- but I'm not sure of any details.

Erin said...

Oh man! kids, kids, kids. I'm glad you snapped a picture of the mishap!

Michelle said...

:D!!!!

What a mess!

Amy and Craig said...

I hear you on the dinner thing. it's as hard as bedtime, too many kids, to few adults too much crying. we have had great luck with oxyclean if you haven't tried it. Try liquid oxyclean with baking soda, it's a miracle worker. Also reslove carpet cleaner if fabulous.