Monday, April 6, 2009


This kid is just so easy to love. I can honestly say that coming to love this kid has been a much faster process than learning to love zeb! Maybe it's because I can actually enjoy his boringness. Perhaps it's because he is so darn good. And possibly it's just because I am better at loving then I was before. I am not one of the mothers that feels an instant connection to my fetus in utero. It takes time getting to know my little rugrats for me to really like them. I still don't enjoy newborns much- but I do like my Ike.

6 comments:

Renae said...

Well he sure loves you! Look at that face. :) awwww

Susan said...

I agree, there is something about the 2nd baby. And I agree about the connecting with the baby in utero. I have to see them, hold them, to really connect with them.

taylor and laney said...

that's a real cute picture.

M- your favorite said...

That is such a cute picture! I like Ike also. He is so easy to like! You are such a good mom, your kids love you so much!

Amy and Craig said...

I have to concur. I think my kids got easier to love each time. I'm really not a baby person either and balk at change, but sophie is just a little angel. There's something about having her on "my side" right now too when she can't talk back and seems to love me unconditionally.

brittani c. said...

Leisy, you crack me up. I'm so glad to hear that your rugrats are loved. I wasn't very much in love with my rugrat during the wee hours of the night, but that quickly changed when I was staring at him sleeping this morning. I can't wait for that 8-hour stretch.