Sunday, April 19, 2009

I don't think I am ready yet!

Yesterday was really nice. It was warm- I got a little sun- Zeb got to play outside with friends at the park-we took a run outside- and we saw the first magnolia blossoms beginning to bloom! but I don't think that I can handle the heat quite yet. Last night my feet were on FIRE. I have this terrible problem that I've had since I was little. My mom tells me that my Grandma Howell had it too. My feet get soooo hot at night. Sometimes I sleep with a pan of water next to the bed so that I can dip them in when I wake up because of the burning. In Utah our vents were on the floor so we moved our bed next to them and I slept with my feet hanging over the edge so they'd stay cool. They were already hot last night and it reached only 70 degrees yesterday!!!!!!!!! any suggestions?
I think Zeb is going to take after me. When we got in the car yesterday after having been at the park he kept complaining that the car was too hot. Let's just hope we get a nice pleasant long spring before it gets raging hot.

9 comments:

Connie said...

I have the same problem during the summer. I use a spray bottle and keep a fan going across the room so it's aimed at my feet. The air from the fan on your wet feet feels great.

Unknown said...

The sun makes me sick really fast, like nauseous and light headed, so although I am desperate for some warmth, I know there will be some complaining come spring and summer.

Erin said...

I miss magnolia blossoms. . . those are my favorite flowers.

Amy and Craig said...

man, sorry about the hot feet thing. that's nuts. I'm with you though. whenever we get warm days (sat was 78) i start worrying about how hot and long this summer will be. I'm not ready to be hot and humid yet. The pool opens may 9th! I guess that's what happens when you're only 2 hrs from Atlanta!

Kent and Leisy said...

amy- only two hours? I had no idea you guys were that close! and I can't believe you already got to 78. yikes.

Molly said...

I have the same problem with my feet! Charles thinks I'm crazy. I keep the house ridiculously cold, and my feet are never under the blankets, year-round. I use a fan, too, but a spray bottle... that's just genius. The rest of me can be hot and that's fine, but if my feet are one degree above frozen, I toss and turn all night.

Wanamakers said...

I have that problem but with my whole legs and it can be at any time of the year. I definitely wear shorts to bed and Ben and I have considered creating a nice blanket that has a big hole in it. That way you can have your legs out to get as much air as possible, but your upper body can still be warm and covered. Also, it works great if your husband has cold feet like mine does. He calls my legs heaters and loves to put his freezing cold feet on my hot ones!

Katy said...

Try a frozen rice bag. They are easy to make, cheap, and can double as a hot bag if you want. Just stitch 2 square peices of fabric together, turn inside out and fill with rice. Close up the bag and presto! You have a rice bag. Just freeze it each morning and toss it at the end of the bed on your feet. No more hot feet!

Katy said...

Oh, and no water either!