It was the absolute prime beach day. The humidity was low, the temperature was wonderful, it was partly cloudy and the place was nearly empty. Plus Zeb loved playing around with his friends and the water seemed to be cleaner than last time. To top it all off, zeb did not drink half of Lake erie and should be diarrhea free.
After we got home from the bay- I let the kids roll around in their diapers for awhile.Ike loves to rip apart zeb's carefully laid train tracks. He's definitely going to love trains. Really he has no choice in the matter because we aren't buying new toys for him.
Both rugrats were very cooperative in picture taking today. It's a rare day when I can get such good smiles simultaneously.
And here are two new recipes I've tried this week. I forgot to take pictures so neither are mine- but they look pretty darn similar. The blttb was delicious!! and I liked the brown sugar chicken quite a bit- but not nearly as much as I thought that I would (considering the heinous amount of brown sugar!).
BLTTB- bacon lettuce tomato turkey burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey (I actually halved this and just eyed everything else)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayo (lowfat or ff)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon each fresh lemon juice and finely shredded lemon zest
- 4 toasted buns (we did whole wheat)
- 8 strips (turkey) bacon (about 8 oz.), cooked until crisp
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken!
frozen chicken breasts
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (I think you could add a little lemon juice instead)
2/3 cup vinegar (I used apple cider)
3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
2 T soy sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
Place frozen chicken and all ingredients in crockpot 4-6 hours (depending on amount of chicken and crockpot setting).