Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All I want for Christmas....

Here I am at six am catching up on our blogging week because I was aroused from bed at five am by a coughing child and subsequent ralpher (induced by coughing) with goopy glued shut eyes.  I really really really just want no coughs for Christmas!  I thought we were in the clear- that all was well.  Apparently I was wrong. So, Buffalo and Hawes family, here we come- colds and all. 

I truly believe that no children are as snot ridden as often as mine.  We just have to get through about 18 months of life and then it becomes manageable. Even with zeb's faulty lungs- he's been doing really really well.  Ike is just ALWAYS coughing and sneezing and leaking like a faucet.

In happier news- we've been spending all sorts of family time together and enjoying our break immensely.  As much as we terribly miss family around Christmas time, it's been so nice to have a true break of sleeping in (sort of), lounging around, and just being the four of us.

Monday we took off to Michigan to enjoy IKEA.  It's ridiculous that as soon as we LEFT Utah, they got an IKEA.  We used to have to go to California to shop there!  and now we still have to drive an hour to make the trip.  But, this trip was well worth it.  There were all sorts of sales and kids ate FREE at the cafe. Ike had a little meltdown at lunch due to some incoming teeth, but after a nice does of ibuprofen was out like a light.



Little Zeb loved playing with the train tracks and climbing all over the staged rooms.  Here he is in true cyclops form.  That one eye is still usually shut more than the other in most of his pictures!

After our jaunt over the border, we returned to Ohio and went swimming at the new YMCA.  It was really fun- and I don't even like to swim.  Ike is a true water baby and Zeb is a true water weenie.  He spent most of the time hanging out in the zero entry section with a noodle. Ike spent his time swimming ALL over the place with Kent.  He also really liked the little geysers.

And I know that this picture is all blurry (pictures at an indoor pool with a shotty camera are hopeless!) but it's the only one I took with both kiddos smiling.


Yesterday was full of last minute shopping needs, dentist visits, and treat making!  Today we are headed to Buffalo to spend the next few days!  The weather is supposed to cooperate and not be terribly snowy or wet- and we are planning on traveling during daylight.  Wish us luck.  I'll be back to blogging by the weekend (or sooner) I'm sure!


Merry Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to tell you this, but for some reason my kids have been really healthy. Just a couple tiny tiny colds so far. I cant figure it out.

Kent and Leisy said...

jess- SO not fair. Laney is the same with her little guy. I think he's had one cold EVER. my kids are constantly ill.

M- your favorite said...

I am so sorry that Ike has not been feeling well. I hope he gets over it soon. Drive safe and Merry Christmas! I miss you guys! Love you lots!