Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Cards and mail

I couldn't think of a better way to reach more people to ask this favor.  We have some friends here in Toledo whose eight year old son was diagnosed this week with an extremely rare form of cancer.  The prognosis is not good and the family just wants to enjoy the last bit of time they have together.  The little boy LOVES mail and Christmas.  His grandmother is also a close friend and when I asked her what we could do- she said we could send his brother and him mail of any sort.  I know he'd love to get mail from places besides Toledo so I thought I'd ask friends to send him some.  Christmas cards or letters or anything would be wonderful.  He loves spongebob, cooking, and all other normal eight year old stuff.
 I don't want to post their names and addresses on my blog- so if you'd send me an e-mail (leisyoswald@hotmail.com), or comment with your e-mail address, I can send you one with the information!  Thanks so much!


19 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

We would love to send him a card! lisaaerickson@gmail.com

Erin said...

You've got me crying Leisy. I guess that's what pregnancy does to me. Please send me their info. eliwimmer@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I'll send a 7Habits Happy Kids book.

Michelle said...

mbjenson@msn.com

M- your favorite said...

I will get the address from Michelle.

Unknown said...

Send it to me please.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Send it to Dave and I - idahowell22@msn.com

Jessica said...

I stumbled across your blog and would be honored to send this family a card or a picture from my kids. Please send any information to jd4579@gmail.com. Thank you for spreading the word about this, if it gives the family a few more extra smiles, then I'm all for it!

Kenna said...

kennawahlquist [at] hotmail dot com

Bean There...Done That said...

Leisy
Please send us the address so that we can get some things in the mail ASAP! studio34@gmail.com
Thank you so much for posting this, we are excited to be involved.
Allie

Jason & Shannon said...

shann_elise@yahoo.com

Kristen said...

we would love to send something to both boys!! email me pretty please at tenthecaterpillar@hotmail.com

boysmum2 said...

It will get there after Xmas but will happily email you to get address so something comes from New Zealand.

yaya said...

I'll send the cards for sure and many prayers also...kstarks46@yahoo.com

Donna said...

I look at your blog through Ya-ya's...husbands are cousins. Your story touches my heart, I'd love to send something!...duck77star@yahoo.com

mandi said...

That makes me cry.

mandibrowning@gmail.com Thanks!

HowellAZ said...

chantalhowell@gmail.com

heidi said...

Thanks Leisy,
heidirmoore@gmail.com

MyMy said...

Leisy, do you think he would like a Christmas card from Russia? Then please send me the address, and I will rush to the pochta... Katya.
mymy2000@mail.ru