Thursday, December 3, 2009

O, Christmas tree! O, Christmas tree!

Some of my favorite childhood Christmas memories involve tree shopping with my family!!  One of my most devastating childhood Christmas memories was the year my parents announced they were switching to a FAKE TREE!! thanks a lot mum and dad.  It still makes me sad to think about.

Since we are sticking around for the holidays this year we decided to get a real tree for our place!! I am so excited. it smells so so good already.

 Tuesday night we went out in search for the perfect tree.  Prior to our search we'd set a measly budget and realized we'd be getting a charlie brown tree of sorts.  I actually kind of like scrawny little trees so I wasn't too disappointed.  A scraggly real tree is better than a grand fake one any day.



Zeb loved running through the rows of trees and seeing this huge Santa.  As soon as he saw it, he stopped and said, "Santa is ginormous! He's so high in the sky!".  Ginormous is one of his favorite words right now.


 After hitting a few tree lots, Kent was ready to buy- but I was sure we could find a better deal.  I begged to drive down one of the main streets here just one more time.  That's when we saw Home Depot.  They were selling trees.  CHEAP trees.  Cheap BIG trees.  We brought this beauty home for 14.97!   Zeb is still shocked that we put a tree in our house.  He wakes up every morning, runs to see the tree, and giggles, "Mama- there's a tree in our house!".  It's pretty funny.

11 comments:

dockters said...

I love everything about real trees for Christmas!! I may have to come and just smell your's a few times since we're not getting one this year!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I don't know whether I am old or jaded, but we were given a fake tree with lights already on it. Pop it out of the box in three pieces, hook it up and done! No watering, no vacuuming needles. Cheap, fast and easy is my middle name!

Cynthia said...

Great find! That is so cute how excited Zeb is about the tree in the house.

Linz said...

I'm a fake tree kinda girl too. Oh, well...

Congrats on getting a nice tree for cheap! THat rocks! And that last picture of Zeb is SO CUTE!!!

M- your favorite said...

I love christmas time with little kids. It makes the holiday for me. I also loved real tress. Until I had one of my own-then I didn't know what to do with it when christmas was over. But I do really enjoy the smell and the look. Super fun!

P.S I love ZEB!

Unknown said...

That is a good price! Ours has a crooked trunk this year and nate about lost his mind trying to jimmy it so it stood straight.

boysmum2 said...

I ahve been brought up on fake ones, but one year we stayed home so Steve made us have a real one, we are now back to the fake one!

Susanna said...

I am so with you...real Christmas trees are the best. This year we contemplated a fake tree but decided against it. Now when I walk in to the house and smell the fresh pine I am so glad we did. Plus my kids had such a magical time picking out our real tree, it's just one of those traditions I'm going to stick with even if it cost us more money in the long run.

Leisy, can I just tell you that you look SO AMAZING!!! I was just noticing in these picutes that you are so stinking skinny..must be all that running. So just in case you wondered...you are gorgeous!

Philip Oswald said...

It is Daysa's fault. The ALLERGIES!!!!!!
However we have come to enjoy the artificial trees as described by your Aunt Michelle. However your Mom's middle name is not easy or cheap.

yaya said...

We were always real tree people...until we moved to a place we call Whispering Pines. Now we have a fake one and go outside and smell the pine smell from all the "ginormous" trees that surround our property! Sort of weird I guess.

Kristen said...

it is kind of strange when you think about that we cut down trees from outside and then put them up in our living room. I like pine trees, but I think I'm allergic. Then we got a fake one when I was growing up and I got all itchy when we put it up and thought I was allergic to that one too so it could just be my imagination! good job finding such a steal!