Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kent was post call today ( he came off a twenty-nine hour shift this morning) and it meant he was home almost all day!  Luckily he got a few decent hours of sleep at the hospital and it was actually fun to have him home because he was awake.   In celebration of his "day off" we experienced a few significant events.


Ike took his first real steps.  I can't believe he's barely ten months and WALKS.  Tonight he walked between kent and myself repeated times- and giggled the entire time.  He was so proud of himself. And it was so nice to have kent home since he was at officer training for Zeb's first steps.

 The worst part of it all is now I have to make sure Ike's wearing shoes everyday!  He still can't get up onto his feet by himself and is pretty shaky- but I'm sure it will all come fast enough.

And this evening we tried out a new place to eat.  I had read about it recently on some friends' blogs in Utah and thought for sure it was some west coast thing. I checked out their website only to realize that they had JUST opened a store in Toledo in the past few weeks.  Five Guys Burgers and Fries is here and we have pictures to prove it.

My favorite part of the night was the sign on the wall that read:  "today's potatoes are from: Shelley, Idaho".  It almost made me feel like I was back home and could have dinner at grandma O's house!

little zeb-o enjoyed his fries immensely- and that's saying a lot considering he doesn't eat french fries.

This is an absolutely TERRIBLE picture of the two of us but Zeb took it and was so proud of himself.  In our defense- we had just come from working out. 



If you go to Five guys- make sure and get the small burger.  I got it and still gave half to Kent. and ONE regular fry is HUMONGOUS.  If you like burgers- the place is amazing.  It's a little pricey- but very very fresh and very tasty.

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

That food looks great. Is the "Five guys" the restaurant that IN and Out got mad at?
I'll have to look it up where it is and go there sometime.

Also that is great the Kent gets to be around to see Ike walk since he missed that with Zeb.

Unknown said...

Chadders is the restaurant that In and Out is mad it.

But despite that, DON'T EAT BURGERS AND FRIES! Unless it's a turkey burger on whole wheat with baked fries.

Michelle said...

Walking at 10 months!?! Bless your heart. ;)

Pat and Brent said...

Five guys is the best. I love it! I can't believe you went.
Love Dad

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

We love five guys too! It is amazing.

Kristen said...

Hey! when we were in Boise for Thanksgiving my dad took us to.....FIVE GUYS BURGERS! Everyone in my family was raving about it so we went and checked it out and our potatoes that day were from shelley, idaho too! The cajun fries are awesome! And I was uber excited to get fry sauce since there is no such thing as it in california.

Kristen said...

and one more thing, I can't believe Ike is walking already!!! Matt started walking that early too when he was a baby. I'm crossing my fingers our little squirt doesn't follow in his father's footsteps, cuz I am so not ready to baby proof matt's grandma's house where we are living right now!

Maria said...

Hey, what was the reading site called again? I'm glad you got to have some fun with Kent : )