Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm finally just about caught up from the weekend!!

Sunday we finally had a day to relax and just sit around- so I decided that I wanted our own big Thanksgiving dinner.  What's thanksgiving without the leftovers, right?   I really wanted cold turkey sandwiches on homemade rolls with cranberry sauce and salt and pepper this week and Kent wanted green bean casserole for lunch everyday. We bought ourselves a baby turkey (eleven pounds) and made a big dinner.  I was bummed that I didn't have time for pies- but just as I began to wallow in self-pity- one of Kent's classmates called and invited us over for homemade pies!  Yum-o. 

Zeb took this picture for us.  He's getting really good at taking photos. He LOVES the camera and could take pictures of his t-rex and trains all day long.



And here are my two monkeys fresh after haircuts.  You'd think we were actually cutting fingers off the way Zeb howled and wailed.  Dang turkey.  They both look so much better now, though. Sunday at church I felt like I was the mother of two ragamuffins so I asked kent to get out the clippers.  He's so much better at it than I am!


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ohhhh those are cute boys! Your Thanksgiving dinner at home looks fabulous! Way-ta-go! Green beans for lunch every day? I'm certainly ready for turkey again, though. ;)

Amy and Craig said...

I was tempted to do the same Leisy! luckily we did enjoy the leftovers on Friday while we were still in OH. Mommo and I made the most wonderful turkey tetrazzini! yum! homemade noodles and crunched up crackers on top. so abfab!

Unknown said...

That isn't soda pop I see on your table is it? Naughty--no Christmas presents for you!

Kent and Leisy said...

mum- it's sugar free cranberry pop. very festive.